Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #1 
bettafishlover101

Hello From Upper Michigan! Is anyone near me a breeder or looking for breeding stock?

Hello, My name is Haylee..

I don't believe i've ever introduced my self and I've been a member of this group for a while now. So I thought now would be a good time.

As I've said before I'm from Upper Michigan. I breed bettas as a hobby and I've only been breeding for about a year and a half, but I've already learned so much! I'm still in highschool, and live with my parents obviously, so unfortunatly I cannot ship/ import as many fish as I would like to. I only breed for quality, lots of culling goes on in my fish room. I hope to one day show spectacular bettas and have an outstanding line.

****(if you don't want to be bothered by non-sence and hear about my breeding skip down to where dashed lines go across the page! )****

What I'm working on?
I have a DTHM line I'm currently working on... I want it to be my "signature line". The current parents I have in the spawning tank are a DTHM Green/blue/red multi male, and a HM (carrying DT gene) Green/blue female. I expect eggs anytime :) When eggs hatch, I will make a spawn log with how I set everything up, till jarring time!

Currently I breed rather "high quality" bettas and stock a local petstore when I can, to make a few extra dollars on some of my "culls" that still would make awesome pets - They just wouldn't be breeding material. . . As I'm still in highschool, with no steady job, I can't afford to cull my healthy fish with good bone structure..

Other than bettas?
Other than bettas I'm getting into, and learning about breeding and rearing Axolotls. I have a male luestistic (if thats how you spell it.. lol) I got a few months back. I cannot start breedng Axies until I'm out of the house..

------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is interested in up coming bettas I'll have for sale, and is located around Upper Michigan. (lets say, all of michigan, wisconsin, and surrounding areas).. I can ship, but I don't like to ship too far (ex. To california..) because of temperature changes, however I am willing to.. I usually have bettas always available (I don't right now as i just finished fixing up my fish room!).. But if you want to be updated when I do PM me, and I direct you to where my fish will be for sale. I don't have an Aquabid account, or ebay since I dont ship unless buyer pays shipping fees (excludes box, styrofoam, ect) But does include heat pack or (rare occasion) cold pack. And as I've said before I don't like shipping far..

(I hope that last part was ok to put on here..)

Also, I would like to hear from YOU breeders and owners near Upper Michigan. I feel that there isn't as many people involved with breeding in this area as there are in California, Texas, Colorado, ect. So let me know what your breeding, if you have some for sale, or if youre looking for breeding stock, or just a pet!
bettafishlover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hi, Haylee, nice to meet you.I can't wait to read your spawn log. Are you an IBC member?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #3 
bettafishlover101

Unfortunatly no.. I just got into breeding June of 2012, so I my self am still learning. I would like to go to a few shows and learn about the IBC and become a member.. however my pparents do not fully support or understand my love for bettas :/ .... So that would be something for me to look into after high school, which isnt bad, it will give me more time to learn.
bettafishlover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

You don't have to be a breeder to join the IBC. If you choose to join you can use their resources to research and learn, then breed bettas later when you're out of school.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote