Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2010, 06:49 AM   #1 
Min

Mail order bettas

Hi I was just wondering what your thoughts where about ordering fish? I would like to get another betta but am unsure about mail order esp from places far like thai land ect. Aside from aqua bid are there any other good sites to get fish from & what have been some of your experiances with buying a betta this way?

Thanks
Malinda
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #2 
SummerOj

I dont think i'd buy a mail order fish, it puts a lot of stress on them, though the fish on aquabid are gorgeous
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #3 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerOj View Post
I dont think i'd buy a mail order fish, it puts a lot of stress on them, though the fish on aquabid are gorgeous
Well, they get shipped to the pet store in terrible conditions anyway, so it's actually better to order some where else.

I'm not sure about where you can order online, but you might be able to find something if you google.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

I can give you the websites of a few american breeders. You can order straight from them. Get on some other forums and ask the breeders if they'll ship you fish. Many forums have a classifieds section with people selling bettas they've bred. Getting a fish shipped internationally is perfectly fine. People do it all the time.. but its going to cost you.

If you are in the US I could search and see if there is a Betta Association near you. You can get your fish direct from local breeders and many will give members fish for free. All I need is your state.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #5 
diruak

I have an Aquabid betta and he's gorgeous, very active and very healthy. I ordered him from an American breeder.
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #6 
truthequalslies

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
If you are in the US I could search and see if there is a Betta Association near you. You can get your fish direct from local breeders and many will give members fish for free. All I need is your state.
ooo do you know of any in california? i've been looking for a male =)
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

Yeah.. there are 2. Lemme pull up the link....http://www.ibcbettas.org/pages/chapters.html

The CBS looks much more active than the second one.. but it wouldn't hurt to email both of them. The CBS says its having a show in May!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #8 
angelwings

does anyone know of any breeders in the uk ?? our pet shops only seem to sell vt's!
angelwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #9 
1fish2fish

I can give you the IBC website with all the International Chapters listed... of course there may be breeders who are not part off the IBC but its a good place to start.
http://www.ibcbettas.org/pages/chapt...art=1&search=*

There don't seem to be any IBC clubs in the UK but possibly if you contact a club in France or Germany (or any of the other ones) they might be able to put you in touch with a breeder.

Sending you a PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #10 
Min

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I can give you the websites of a few american breeders. You can order straight from them. Get on some other forums and ask the breeders if they'll ship you fish. Many forums have a classifieds section with people selling bettas they've bred. Getting a fish shipped internationally is perfectly fine. People do it all the time.. but its going to cost you.

Thanks so much I am in Delaware.
Min is offline   Reply With Quote