Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #11 
AnimalLov3

I would totally do that! If I had treats >>' Gonna walk to petco when it gets colder..
AnimalLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #12 
Agent13
Reference Team

My last dog got presents on Christmas , treats and toys. She loved it . Even had a stocking hung at my parents house too. I feel bad for my pit though... Food allergies so there aren't any treats she can have ( can only eat prescribed kangaroo dog food) and she doesn't care for toys.. Just likes to play wild with the kids flying over the couch and stuff.

Yes, weird discussion on a fish forum haha.. But I've seen stranger.

Sent from Petguide.com App
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #13 
jaysee
Reference Team

Yeah my parents hang stockings for everyone including the dogs.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #14 
Kittiesdragons

My kitties get presents and treats so I see no problem with giving an extra treat to your fish! I might even do it myself!
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #15 
PetMania

I decorated one of my tanks for Halloween last year. That's something you could do for a special occassion.
PetMania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #16 
Quisquose

I give my oldest betta birthday presents! He's been around the block a few times, and I think he's catching on to what's happening! He usually new hides and some live food.
Quisquose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #17 
Ghost32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent13 View Post
My last dog got presents on Christmas , treats and toys. She loved it . Even had a stocking hung at my parents house too. I feel bad for my pit though... Food allergies so there aren't any treats she can have ( can only eat prescribed kangaroo dog food) and she doesn't care for toys.. Just likes to play wild with the kids flying over the couch and stuff.
My Jake had severe food allergies... there is no wheat or oat or chicken in Pupperoni original sticks, just beef. Certain brands of sweet potato treats, are legit JUST SP with no added stuff, it's just been dried like jerky. Truly all-beef non-flavored rawhides are usually made-in-USA, and say that on the label. However, if your pup has beef allergy, I'm so, so sorry. My vet told us prescribed food, too, but... it was just all corn meal and expensive and you had to feed so much, that I went CRAZY looking on EVERY bag and brand of dog food I saw. Dick Van Patten's limited ingredient diets can be good... and Petsmart has an in-house brand of dog food that is limited ingredient as well, and it actually was competitively priced and had no wheat, oat, poultry, peas, alfalfa... //long list is longer...// ~ we also made him his own treats, cooked rice noodles and beef (no seasoning, no veggies) for special meals, sometimes. Sometimes he got slices of plain baked potato. God, I miss him :(

Anyway, TREATS FOR HOLIDAYS...
My family's always done it for all pets...

The horses got hot mashes with peppermint on Christmas and Thanksgiving. My frog got a new mister, one year. Every pet has always had a stocking at Christmas, stuffed with goodies. Treats, toys for those that play with toys, etc.

Pet birthdays, we cook them meals.

Thanksgiving, they get a big chew-thing. Giant rawhide or similar for dogs, cats got canned dinner, etc.

My goldfish get peas for a treat and whatever else we have that's safe for them to eat.

I'll probably get live food for the bettas this year. It'll be my first year with them over holidays.

I find it fun, and it's a 'bonding' experience; you get to include your pets in the celebration.

^___^'' but some people take that as us being crazy people. But hey, pets are family, too~! paws, fins, feathers, or hooves; still family.
Ghost32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #18 
countyrd419

I too give both of dogs Remi and Kobe Christmas gifts. I did get a new ornament in honor of Rusty my pet betta fish. I will post it as soon as Christmastime comes around. Stay tuned.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote