Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2010, 03:42 AM   #1 
BettaJake

Unhappy No idea what is wrong with Fishy- red bubble?

I am so frustrated. I have no idea what is wrong with my fish. He has tiny white marks on his face and on his fins where they attach to his body. He also has white under his chin, but it doesn't look cottony. I think he has fin rot because his fins look like they are thinning out. I didnt think it was ich because he doesnt seem to be rubbing against anything "itching" himself Also the white isnt really little dots sprinkled on him.... He is still very lively, swimming around and such.... but he never had these white marks before

I got some medication for fungus it said it would help fin rot, and a bunch of other things. It seemed to be improving at first, but now it looks worse to me. Also today I looked at him and he has some weird red bubble at the tip of his top fin (on his back) my fish is all blue and has never had any red in him. Any idea what this is or what caused it?
BettaJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

When fish have ick, I don't think they itch themselves. I think that's only when they have a parasite. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. I usually hold off on medications until I know for sure what it is and if it can't be treated with aquarium salt. Could you take a picture of him? What size tank is he in, what's the temp? Do you have a heater? Sorry for all of the questions.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #3 
Noko

Hold off on the meds until you are pretty certain. If it's fin rot, salt baths should help. Raising the temperature might help too.

When fish have ich, they don't scratch themselves. My dad's fish had ich, and none of them rubbed up againts anything scratching themselves.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote