Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #101 
ANHEL123

hmmm looks healthy. I think his anal fins look better and he is acting healthy. Keep eye on him. If he will act differently (lay on the bottom, refusing to eat, hand on the top, any other physical symptoms then you will worry about).
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #102 
GBS

Hmm. To me the anal fins are stuck/clumped together on the end and I haven't seem them "fan" out in days.
GBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #103 
ANHEL123

It is , but i thought it's normal for his type. Not sure. And the fins grew back though, am i right? Just keep eye on it , as long as the edges are not black, discolored or ''smudged'', don't have white fuzzy, fluffy patches, as long as there is no change in his appetite , behavior he should be fine. I do see the blackened edges but i think it's his normal coloration.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 10-17-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #104 
GBS

I don't know. It wasn't like that 2 weeks ago when I first got him but he's acting fine. He's constanty looking to eat and seems fine otherwise.

Thank for replying ANHEL123.

On a Mo Hawkins note. I went to clean his tank today b/c it was full of black debris (which I notice happens when using Kanaplex) so I took him out and put him in the cup he came in and decided to see if he'd eat (I bought new, smaller pellets for the new fish b/c he kept spitting out my other ones) and to my amazemet he ate 2 pellets. I've decided to leave him in his cup for a while b/c perhaps this way he'll eat if nothing else b/c there is so much less surface area for him and a pellet to exist in.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #105 
ANHEL123

Omg it's so wonderful, wow. He still hanging in there for so long. I guess you will see how he doing. And you tried so hard for Mo and he is little strong guy , i hope he will improve. He didn't eat for so long. May be good diet can help to bring him back to health. I know i ask or someone probobly recommended it for many time, i don't remember if you have frozen food. Try it.
About new betta -He is acting healthy so just enjoy him and keep eye on the tail make sure he don't have any symptoms develop.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #106 
GBS

So a Mo Hawkins update. Hecontinues to eat (pellets and a worm here and ther) when the food is placed nearly directly on top of him. This I consider good. However, he also has not pooped whic is worrysome. He still laying on the bottom (not that I've given him a lot of water to swim around in) but I honestly can't believe he's eating again.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #107 
Spinny

Could Mo be having...velvet/oodinium? in some pictures it looks like there is a slight hint of gold near the gills. You can double check by shinning a bright torch light on it, more obvious that way. Or maybe its just the shades of colours on my scrren appears different since my siblings and I use the same computer and sometimes change the colouration of the computer. I find Interpet No. 8 great for fin rot, you can give it a go :)

To encourage eating you can try: get fresh garlic and mash up a clove, then smoosh the food in the mushed garlic, then microwave for 30 sec with the fish food in the garlic so the juices come out. it would be good for him. It can encourage him to it.
Hope miracle will happen! Since it fought on so long he migh jump back to being healthy and perky anytime, dont give up! Its great that you're so caring towards Mo :)
Spinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #108 
Spinny

sorry, typo, I meant computer "screen" :)
Spinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #109 
ANHEL123

Spinny i also like to recommend to soak the food in the garlic but i never thought to microwave it to get all guices come out. Its a good idea the only thing i would do it less than 30 sec:)

GBS how is Mo doing?
I also saw your other thread about new betta i think you getting good advice there ;)
Old 10-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #110 
GBS

Good news is that Mo pooped! So he's eating and pooping. He looks like a tattered mess and has a stub if a caudal fin - not that his other fins are looking too hot right now either. He's not in any kind of medicine - just clean water. Not sure what's next but I'm happy his digestive tract is functioning.