Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Colbalt aquatics Neo-Therm heater anyone?

This heater looks awesome and I am thinking about asking for one for Christmas! Any opinions on this heater?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #2 
TiffanyP
Member
 
TiffanyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
Absolutely the best heater I've ever used :) It's accurate and never fluctuates. I highly recommend them.
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyP View Post
Absolutely the best heater I've ever used :) It's accurate and never fluctuates. I highly recommend them.
Yay! What wattage do you have and what size tankndo you have it in? Is it compact?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #4 
TiffanyP
Member
 
TiffanyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
I have two actually (the new one just came in the mail after I sent that first comment lol) I have a 25W which is currently in a 2 gallon and the new 50W is in a 5 gallon. I've had the 25W one in the 2 gallon for the time I've had it (almost 2 months?) and it has worked flawlessly. I'm in the process of doing some tank rearranging and redecorating and it will be moving to a 3 gallon in the next couple of weeks I'm hoping. I'd like to try it out in a 5 gallon since it's rated up to 6 gallons, but my house is pretty cold (about 66-68F) so I go with 50W heaters for my 5 gallon tanks.

About the size, it's very very thin, and sticks close to the tank wall - but it's pretty long as far as heaters go, and can't be installed sideways. And that's the *only* con I can come up with right now lol
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #5 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyP View Post
I have two actually (the new one just came in the mail after I sent that first comment lol) I have a 25W which is currently in a 2 gallon and the new 50W is in a 5 gallon. I've had the 25W one in the 2 gallon for the time I've had it (almost 2 months?) and it has worked flawlessly. I'm in the process of doing some tank rearranging and redecorating and it will be moving to a 3 gallon in the next couple of weeks I'm hoping. I'd like to try it out in a 5 gallon since it's rated up to 6 gallons, but my house is pretty cold (about 66-68F) so I go with 50W heaters for my 5 gallon tanks.

About the size, it's very very thin, and sticks close to the tank wall - but it's pretty long as far as heaters go, and can't be installed sideways. And that's the *only* con I can come up with right now lol
Thanks for the info!

I read that the 25w and 50w models are only 6.5in long....Now idk if that is true...but do you think it would safely fit vertically in a standard 2.5g tank?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #6 
TiffanyP
Member
 
TiffanyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
They say that they are 6.5 inches tall but I think they're a little longer... I wanted to put one in a standard glass 2.5 gallon tank but unless there's no substrate, I don't think it will fit. Give me a few minutes and I'll take the one out of Gilligan's tank and take a couple of pictures for you of it in comparison to my 2.5 gallon :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #7 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyP View Post
They say that they are 6.5 inches tall but I think they're a little longer... I wanted to put one in a standard glass 2.5 gallon tank but unless there's no substrate, I don't think it will fit. Give me a few minutes and I'll take the one out of Gilligan's tank and take a couple of pictures for you of it in comparison to my 2.5 gallon :)
Thank you so much! I actually dont have substrate in my 2.5g so that wouldnt be an issue for me :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #8 
Gallifrey
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyP View Post
They say that they are 6.5 inches tall but I think they're a little longer... I wanted to put one in a standard glass 2.5 gallon tank but unless there's no substrate, I don't think it will fit. Give me a few minutes and I'll take the one out of Gilligan's tank and take a couple of pictures for you of it in comparison to my 2.5 gallon :)
If it isn't any trouble, could you measure the heater as well? After reading through this thread and looking at the reviews online, I'm interested in purchasing a 50-watt for my 5g when the winter months begin.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #9 
TiffanyP
Member
 
TiffanyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
This pic is holding the heater on the outside of the tank (I don't have the suction cups on it)
http://i.imgur.com/f6TsKnQ.jpg

This one is of the heater held at water level, it has a 'water line' where the water has to reach up to.
http://i.imgur.com/wopZczA.jpg

This shows how much space is at the bottom in exactly the same place I was holding it in the second picture, there's probably a little less than an inch of space.
http://i.imgur.com/X689N4M.jpg

Hope that helps :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #10 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyP View Post
This pic is holding the heater on the outside of the tank (I don't have the suction cups on it)
http://i.imgur.com/f6TsKnQ.jpg

This one is of the heater held at water level, it has a 'water line' where the water has to reach up to.
http://i.imgur.com/wopZczA.jpg

This shows how much space is at the bottom in exactly the same place I was holding it in the second picture, there's probably a little less than an inch of space.
http://i.imgur.com/X689N4M.jpg

Hope that helps :)
Thanks! That did help....but it looks like it might be kinda risky to put it in a 2.5....At least from what I can see from the pictures :/
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cobalt Aquatics Mini-Therm Heater Bsalem05 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 5 12-05-2012 06:50 PM
Cobalt Aquatics Accu-Therm heater clopez1 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 14 11-13-2012 09:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.