Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

Colbalt aquatics Neo-Therm heater anyone?

This heater looks awesome and I am thinking about asking for one for Christmas! Any opinions on this heater?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #2 
TiffanyP

Absolutely the best heater I've ever used :) It's accurate and never fluctuates. I highly recommend them.
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyP View Post
Absolutely the best heater I've ever used :) It's accurate and never fluctuates. I highly recommend them.
Yay! What wattage do you have and what size tankndo you have it in? Is it compact?
Old 10-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #4 
TiffanyP

I have two actually (the new one just came in the mail after I sent that first comment lol) I have a 25W which is currently in a 2 gallon and the new 50W is in a 5 gallon. I've had the 25W one in the 2 gallon for the time I've had it (almost 2 months?) and it has worked flawlessly. I'm in the process of doing some tank rearranging and redecorating and it will be moving to a 3 gallon in the next couple of weeks I'm hoping. I'd like to try it out in a 5 gallon since it's rated up to 6 gallons, but my house is pretty cold (about 66-68F) so I go with 50W heaters for my 5 gallon tanks.

About the size, it's very very thin, and sticks close to the tank wall - but it's pretty long as far as heaters go, and can't be installed sideways. And that's the *only* con I can come up with right now lol
Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
I have two actually (the new one just came in the mail after I sent that first comment lol) I have a 25W which is currently in a 2 gallon and the new 50W is in a 5 gallon. I've had the 25W one in the 2 gallon for the time I've had it (almost 2 months?) and it has worked flawlessly. I'm in the process of doing some tank rearranging and redecorating and it will be moving to a 3 gallon in the next couple of weeks I'm hoping. I'd like to try it out in a 5 gallon since it's rated up to 6 gallons, but my house is pretty cold (about 66-68F) so I go with 50W heaters for my 5 gallon tanks.

About the size, it's very very thin, and sticks close to the tank wall - but it's pretty long as far as heaters go, and can't be installed sideways. And that's the *only* con I can come up with right now lol
Thanks for the info!

I read that the 25w and 50w models are only 6.5in long....Now idk if that is true...but do you think it would safely fit vertically in a standard 2.5g tank?
Old 10-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #6 
TiffanyP

They say that they are 6.5 inches tall but I think they're a little longer... I wanted to put one in a standard glass 2.5 gallon tank but unless there's no substrate, I don't think it will fit. Give me a few minutes and I'll take the one out of Gilligan's tank and take a couple of pictures for you of it in comparison to my 2.5 gallon :)
Old 10-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #7 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
They say that they are 6.5 inches tall but I think they're a little longer... I wanted to put one in a standard glass 2.5 gallon tank but unless there's no substrate, I don't think it will fit. Give me a few minutes and I'll take the one out of Gilligan's tank and take a couple of pictures for you of it in comparison to my 2.5 gallon :)
Thank you so much! I actually dont have substrate in my 2.5g so that wouldnt be an issue for me :)
Old 10-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #8 
Gallifrey

Quote:
If it isn't any trouble, could you measure the heater as well? After reading through this thread and looking at the reviews online, I'm interested in purchasing a 50-watt for my 5g when the winter months begin.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #9 
TiffanyP

This pic is holding the heater on the outside of the tank (I don't have the suction cups on it)
http://i.imgur.com/f6TsKnQ.jpg

This one is of the heater held at water level, it has a 'water line' where the water has to reach up to.
http://i.imgur.com/wopZczA.jpg

This shows how much space is at the bottom in exactly the same place I was holding it in the second picture, there's probably a little less than an inch of space.
http://i.imgur.com/X689N4M.jpg

Hope that helps :)
Old 10-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #10 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
This pic is holding the heater on the outside of the tank (I don't have the suction cups on it)
http://i.imgur.com/f6TsKnQ.jpg

This one is of the heater held at water level, it has a 'water line' where the water has to reach up to.
http://i.imgur.com/wopZczA.jpg

This shows how much space is at the bottom in exactly the same place I was holding it in the second picture, there's probably a little less than an inch of space.
http://i.imgur.com/X689N4M.jpg

Hope that helps :)
Thanks! That did help....but it looks like it might be kinda risky to put it in a 2.5....At least from what I can see from the pictures :/