Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #1 
Ezzie

Thumbs up New fish, Tanks and updates!

Hi guys, i just wanted to give a little update as to whats been happening around my way lately.

First i have some heartbreaking news.
I recently lost my betta fish Milton.
I had dumped a lot of extra plants into his tank floating in the back corner so it was pretty stuffed, i had noticed a few times he had managed to swim in amongst the plants and become stuck, twice i had to maneuver the plants so he could get out, i should had moved them but i didn't since i was planning another tank.
2 days later i had returned from a really ****ty day at work and i found him on the floor all twisted looking, he had managed to jump out of a small 3-4 cm gap in that particular corner that the driftwood caused the lid to raise slightly.
I think he had become trapped or stuck and resorted to jumping to escape..
I cried for hours that night and he will be really missed at home.

Swim free Milton, I will never forget you my beautiful boy.

In lighter news i got into contact with a local breeder i found close to where i live who breeds plakats (a somewhat rare fish in Australia iv noticed) after seeing Miltons tank empty continued to make me sad.
When i told him about my situation he said he had some fish available. I asked for photos and what he sent me i couldn't say no.
He offered a male and a female pure white plakat for $100

The male

Female

He said he intended to breed them himself but he has run out of time and space to do so.
$100 to me is a really good deal considering some of the fish i see around here close to that quality (in my eyes anyway) and color can go for $60 a fish
I will be picking both up on Saturday!

In the mean time, while i had space for the Male, i didn't have anywhere to put the female!!

I used Miltons hospital tank (2.5 gallons) and made an impromptu planted tank that i'm hoping she will love. I added a filter to it for some kind of cycle to get going.
I added old water from my other tanks, seeded filter material and added prime to kick start it

The new girls tank

Miltons tank (some new plants added and i trimmed down the driftwood so the lid sits flat)

And the little fish corner

I'm really excited to pick them both up on Saturday, Fingers crossed they are as beautiful as the photos
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #2 
soundwave

Milton was beautiful and so are your new fish. I really like your planted tanks too, but the big one hanging off the edge of the table makes me so nervous!
soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #3 
BlackCanary

Swim in peace milton and your new guy and gal are Beautiful
BlackCanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #4 
Chachi

Sorry to hear about Milton! Your new babies are beautiful!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #5 
Chachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
but the big one hanging off the edge of the table makes me so nervous!
Me too!! Slide that thing over!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:58 AM   #6 
Ezzie

Its not actually hanging off the edge persay, it is a little but theres another "base" under the tank, like a stand kind of thing and thats fully on the table

If we put it in the center we run the risk of exceeding the weight limit for the table and the wood cracking, so until my partner fixes another plank of wood under it, its on the edge so it can be supported by the table legs

I didnt end up picking up the fish today since i had a work BBQ to attend but ill organize a time with the breeder next week sometime, hurray more time
Old 10-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #7 
eden000

Milton was gorgeous! I'm sorry for your loss, that must have been so upsetting!

I love your tanks - would you mind sharing the make and model with us? I'm looking for some elegant tanks like that, myself!
eden000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #8 
Ezzie

Sure!
The large one is an Aquamanta Xanti 26 and the smaller one is an Aqua One Betta fish home and contents
Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #9 
eden000

Thanks Ezzie :)
eden000 is offline   Reply With Quote