Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #111 
ANHEL123

Absolutely, you have many verities of food to feed him besides the bw. NewLifeSpectrum has garlic in it and good for the immune system. I fed my bettas with a cooked shrimp. When i make dinner for the family i just take one shrimp for my bettas. It should be a tiny piece though, and of course if he missed it it will sink right to the bottom. So i usually feed them when i do full water changes .
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #112 
Abawhite2021

Sounds like a good idea, saddly i was just looking at him and he's missing more of his tail fin again. It looks as if it went threw a paper shreader...no chunks are missing. I really dont understand why his fins are deteareating again after he was getting better. I really dont.
Abawhite2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #113 
Abawhite2021

also do you know if Kordon Fish Protector is good for bettas? someone on another fish forum sugjested I use it.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #114 
ANHEL123

i think its the same as stress coat. Again don't remember if you using stress coat. But if you are then you don't need Kordon Prortector. Sorry i think he is just biting his tail. All you can do is just keep water super clean to prevent infection.And i saw some people recommending vitamins in the water. If you want i can give you more info on that. I personally never used it.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #115 
Abawhite2021

i dont know about that stuff either, but i dont think this is him biting his tail. the ends where he did bite it are black...which means his fin rot came back due to his biting. I'm treating him again for it, and hopefully i can cure him...for a second time...
Old 10-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #116 
sunlight

He is dark blue, you sure the ends are black not dark blue and its not his coloration? Can you post a pictures or video? Wait a day at least and see how he doing. The medications really hard on the kidney and stressful for fish. Try to wait and see how he doing. Try daily water changes and stress coat.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #117 
Abawhite2021

no the ends that where black are missing now, i've treated him for fin-rot before so i know what to do i just dont understand why it came back....well i shouldnt say that everyone i've talked too is 99.9% sure hes biting his tail, the bateria could of gotten into the wounds and started the fin-rot again. I dont understand why he's bite his tail, his in a room with a lot to look at it. I change his tank 3 times a week, i use API stress coat and i also put idian almond leaves in the tank. He's fed two pellets a day....its all very weird, but minus the tail biting and now this fin-rot again he's healthy he swims around he eats well....i know i was recusing him and unlike his friends he's lived 3 months longer.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #118 
ANHEL123

Some bettas will bite tail even daily. I just really think that just water and stress coat would be enough . Try to monitor him before you treat him again. The medications are really stressful . Try just monitor and see if it really getting worse then you can treat him again.
Try to find out about those vitamins. Check the link , POST #69. But if you decide to buy it find out if you still need to use stress coat along with those vitamins.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=207882&page=7
Old 10-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #119 
Abawhite2021

Yeah i'd need to ask about those vitiams i personally dont know much about it at all. I am gonna do the daily water changes again. I really wish he'd stop hurting himself and making himself sick. I wish i knew why he was doing that so i could stop and help him.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #120 
ANHEL123

I don't think anyone can answer the question unfortunately as you already tried everything. I am wondering about vitamins myself. I didn't read the review though. But i am wondering if its really good to add to the water and give them vitamins.
I am working at the facility where we have fish tank. The guy who cleans it told me something interesting. He actually using flakes. He put flakes in the cup with dechlorinated water . Then he buys in the fish store only, garlic juice and vit c. I forgot though vit c or e. So he puts a few drops of each in the cup with the flakes. Let it sit for a few minutes and then feed the fish. This way the fish gets some vitamins. I think we also can use fresh squeeze garlic.