Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #11 
sandybottom
Reference Team

pebbles should work.just check the rhizomes weekly for rot.for the background there are a few options.first there is krylon fusion spraypaint, this is permenant and the safest spraypaint.then there is construction paper.they also make a black static cling background.one thing i really like using is trim to fit self-adheasive shelf liner.i know target carries it.i use the frosted one for my background and i think they have black too. it is removeable and you get a ton of it for $8.and yup,looks like bolbitis.the leaves looked too wide for java fern.glad we could help.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #12 
ao
TFK Moderator

Hey again! I went to petco today and saw the bolbitis in the tube. It reminded me of this thread so I got a closer look to catch the exact species. Turns out it's a bolbitis heteroclita. Growing B. Heteroclita submersed seems to draw a variety of mixed results from hobbyists. The consensus is that it is a very slow grower and even slower to adapt from emerse to submersed. So keep an eye out for any changes in the condition of the plant and be ready to pull out any leaves that seem to be deteriating :) If the transition is successful new submersed should be tiny (less than an inch tall)~ Good luck!

Sent from Petguide.com App
ao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, betta, plant, tank