Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Some bettas don't like tankmates. I'm just guessing but he may not be too happy with the rasboras.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #12 
Tony2632

I'd give it a few days. Just let him get comfortable.
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #13 
MyRedBetta

When I thought all was going well, last night I turned his lights off and noticed he started coming out and wiggling, well this morning woke up, come downstairs to feed him and the Rasboras and found him dead :'(

I tested my water again, no ammonia, no nitrite so know its not that. I highly doubt it was the Rasboras as they were his tank mates in the store and I had his heat at 79-80F.

So don't know what happened, feel sad and angry at myself, did I miss something about I didn't notice?
MyRedBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #14 
MyRedBetta

Update, took my dead betta back to the store and since my water was fine (took samples as proof) they put it down to high stress so gave me another male one.

So the new I got is a purple male, he's very lively and such a attitude, he's eaten straight away and very active and hasn't bothered his tank mates <3
Old 10-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #15 
countyrd419

New Pet Fish

So sorry for the loss of your first betta fish

I am so glad you found another new friend to take his place. Have you named your new betta fish? How about Prince (aka Prince as in "Purple Rain").

Let us know when he is settled and show us how you've set up his tank along with his other friends. Always keep up with your water testing parameters. We can't stress enough how important this is. I have the API Freshwater Master Kit which you can get at Petsmart or any other store near where you live. Keep swimming as Dory would say.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #16 
MyRedBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by countyrd419 View Post
So sorry for the loss of your first betta fish

I am so glad you found another new friend to take his place. Have you named your new betta fish? How about Prince (aka Prince as in "Purple Rain").

Let us know when he is settled and show us how you've set up his tank along with his other friends. Always keep up with your water testing parameters. We can't stress enough how important this is. I have the API Freshwater Master Kit which you can get at Petsmart or any other store near where you live. Keep swimming as Dory would say.
He's already settled in, seems to keep having a go at a live plant I ONLY just put in today, there's about 4 plants and he's obsessed with just one

I already have the API water test kit for a while, so all set :) and haven't thought of a name yet.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I'm sorry for your loss! Your new one sounds pretty.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #18 
MyRedBetta

Posted pics of my betta in the picture forum, thread is called Meet Sheldon <3

:)
Old 10-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'll have to check it out. :)