Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #1 
MaverickBAS

Good Source for Betta Tank?

Hello. I have had two betta fish. One lived about a year, the next one lived almost two years. My last aquarium was about two gallons, heater, no filter, and I changed the water 50%, twice a week.

My last betta fish seemed to have some kind of fungus disease when he recently passed away, so I'm planning to play it safe and buy a whole new setup.

I want to set up an aquarium that will be the best for the new betta fish I'm planning to get. I'd like to keep him happy and healthy for as long as possible, up to his maximum life span if possible.

From what I've been reading on this site, I should get a somewhat larger tank, with a filter and a heater. Does anyone know of a good online source where I could buy everything at once? Aquarium, filter, heater, all at one time? If I could find a good combination of equipment already set up specifically for a betta fish, I believe I'd have more chance of success, less chance of making a mistake in what I buy.

Thanks.
MaverickBAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #2 
Noko

Well, you should get something around a 2.5 gallon tank. There are some aquarium kits from petsmart, petco, and walmart that come with everything. Sometimes a heater isn't included, so you will have to buy one. Craiglist has some good deals, it just depends on what people around you are selling. Ebay might have some good deals too. You just have to wait sometimes for something good to pop up.

You will have to clean your tank depending on the size. A two gallon needs to have more water changes a week than you were doing.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #3 
MaverickBAS

Thanks for the advice I'll start looking. Yes I suppose I should have been changing my two gallon tank more than twice a week since I didn't have a filter. I think if I get a mild filter with my next tank maybe frequent water changes won't be as necessary.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #4 
kuklachica

I'm not sure what country you're in, but if you're in the U.S. this is a great deal:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/12177653
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #5 
MaverickBAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
I'm not sure what country you're in, but if you're in the U.S. this is a great deal:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/12177653
I live in Maryland, USA. Thanks this setup does look like a good deal. It is attractive looking, about the right size I was looking for. And reasonably priced.

The only possible problem I see with it is that one of the reviewers (on the bottom of the page) said the pull of the filter bothered her betta fish, but she was able to adjust it to reduce the pull of the filter, so I could probably do the same.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #6 
kuklachica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBAS View Post
I live in Maryland, USA. Thanks this setup does look like a good deal. It is attractive looking, about the right size I was looking for. And reasonably priced.

The only possible problem I see with it is that one of the reviewers (on the bottom of the page) said the pull of the filter bothered her betta fish, but she was able to adjust it to reduce the pull of the filter, so I could probably do the same.

I had the same problem with mine (similar set up for the filter). I put pantyhose around the intake tube of one and a sponge (made for a filter) around the other and my guys have not had a problem since!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote