Betta Fish Forum banner

Tetra tanks

788 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  puppyrjjkm 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever bought one of those 5-10g tetra starter sets? I see them at walmart, target, amazon for around 27 for the 5.5g and 40 for the 10g. those are some really good prices. but then i think of the quality. i paid 45 dollars for my mini bow 5 but got a real good quality tank.

if anyone owns a tetra tank please let me know your experiences with it.

thanks

#5 ·
Yeah.. the filtration isn't built in so its easily upgraded but I agree with kelly.. a whisper 10 is a good filter (I use it in my 10 so it would be great in a 5). I thought the bulb was fluorescent though? So unless you wanted med to high light plants you wouldn't have to replace the bulb necessarily.

#8 ·
Ive been all over the place for a mini bow on sale forever. But ive been unlucky. Even online. One good thing that i came across is a 20g for free. Still dont know how im gonna set it up. Gonna be expensive.

#9 ·
We don't have the tetra tanks here but we have Aquaculture I think they're called, I think it's just walmart's brand. I have both a 5 gal and 10 gal of these. I think the 5 was $28 and the 10 $39 ish. I love them both perfect tanks! Never had a problem in 4+ years :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.