Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #321 
BettaLover1313

Been feeling kind of "bleh" since last night, which is why I didn't post anything, but now I'm feeling a bit better, so lots of pictures today!

First off, I posted in my art journal on here with three of the ceramic pieces that are actually finished. I hope to get more done by the end of this week, if not the start of the next!

Even though today is a water changing day, I just don't have the umph to do it. I'll probably do it tomorrow or sometime Friday after I catch up on work (I did vacuum today, just didn't do as much as I should have ). I'm pretty sure it's the weather that's making me feel so crappy since my knees have been bothering me all day along with my sinuses. We somehow skipped fall and went right into winter temperatures (don't want the snow...not unless we actually get a snow day which is highly unlikely).

Both boys are doing well though. Dragoon is working on building the most massive bubble nest I've ever seen him build, while Merlin is just being Merlin...I think he actually wishes Dragoon would pay attention to him . *Glances towards tank* Yep. Either that or he just wants an excuse to flare!

Planning on heading to the studio in about an hour and I'll hopefully get some things glazed and ready for the next firing. Not like I won't have time tomorrow at the meeting, but I just want to get them done and make room on my shelf for new things! Hoping to get my lion glazed (not just under-glazed like my coasters that I posted in the art journal). Kind of happy that I didn't study for a test today (we only have to take one exam and we get to pick, and I was going to do this one except I forgot it was today), so I now have more time to stay in the studio and then finish my homework for tomorrow in the student center (since my printer is being bratty ).

Now for the pictures you've been waiting for:

First off-Dragoon! No pictures of Merlin this time since the ones I did get of him didn't turn out very well .

Half flare! I just need to be a bit faster

Finally a decent shot of his lovely fins!

Wasn't fooled by my new angle approach

Classic tail shot

Another decent shot of his fins, but I like the first one better .

Now some of Lucky & Renji!

I actually got a LOT of shots of Renji eating, but I like this one the best, so I won't spam you with the rest

Growl! No, he's actually just cleaning his teeth after eating

Squirrel!

"Whatcha doin'?"

*Slurp, slurp* I still want to know what you're doing!"

I want to sniff it!!!

And now...the moment you've all been waiting for...POCO (aka Po or Poke!)

Eating his hay

Coming over to say hi! Look at his gentle eyes! Look!

Poke after I finished brushing him. He was very relaxed and he and I had learned a lot about each other by the time I took this picture.

You'll have to excuse the quality of Poco's pictures. They're from my phone .

All the pictures are up, and like I said, I did post a picture in my art journal (link above); so enjoy!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #322 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Nice art!

Awww Poco!! He's so cute!! I love Lucky's face, too damn adorable for his own good! lol Everyone looks happy and content
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #323 
BettaLover1313

Today should have been a good day, but instead it's turned into a blah day. My room mate is very confused about something, and I don't want to push her into talking about it (though I'm afraid she thinks that I'm a gossip or something after I asked her if she was okay when she left the studio suddenly after arriving there ). So I'm just going to let her have her space, and if she doesn't want to talk about whatever's bothering her I'll respect that decision. The reason it bothers me though is because I'm a very empathetic person, especially around people I know (ex. family, friends, etc). I could actually FEEL her sorrow & confusion in the studio when she did return and it made me want to weep for her!

Also, I decided today, that I will be giving up my weekend custodial job. I may want/need the money, but I can't deal with all the crap that's been going on since I started (actually before I started) and how much the practices grate on my morals (hope I used the right one there...). I HATE lying, and the fact that this job makes me do just that hasn't/isn't sitting well with me and I've had it. So two weeks from now (since I did recently request a day off...) I'll be putting in my two weeks. I still have my vacuuming job, so I just have to be more frugal with my money than I have been & I know I can do it since I've done it before.

Not much to report on the boys, they got fed late, but luckily I had the good sense to give them a treat before I left for my classes today, so they were content until I fed them when I returned from Clay Club.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #324 
dramaqueen
Banned

I love the pics of your cat, dog and Poco.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #325 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Sorry to hear about your roommate I hope she feels better soon as well and whatever is bugging her will be dealt with in a good manner and yes you used the right words in that sentence!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #326 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I love the pics of your cat, dog and Poco.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Sorry to hear about your roommate I hope she feels better soon as well and whatever is bugging her will be dealt with in a good manner and yes you used the right words in that sentence!
She worked things out and was much happier when she returned to the room! Yeah, me & late at night I tend to mess up on my use of words XD.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #327 
BettaLover1313

Another blah day. I woke up feeling nauseous and my back was bothering me (probably from throwing yesterday on the wheel). So I took a sick day and I've been sleeping up until a few minutes ago (feeling a little better). I'm half happy/ half upset that I looked at my e-mail though since I forgot to cancel an appointment I made, I learned my grade in one class is an F (so I have to talk to that teacher, since I'm horrified to see that!) I missed an exam today, which I thought was Wednesday, so I got a 0 on it, but luckily that will be my grade that is dropped at the end of the year, and overall, I just wanted to cry upon seeing those two e-mails. This however, has really solidified my resolve to put in my two weeks at my weekend job. It's due to overworking myself that I've been getting sick more often and I'm tired of doing it.

Betta boys are doing well; they've been making me feel a little better (emotionally) with their antics. I feel bad that I have to push off their water change yet again, but they don't seem to mind (at least Dragoon doesn't anyway)!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #328 
BettaLover1313

What is this?! What is this nonsense today?! I get back from eating with a friend (since it was an excuse to get fresh air) and I get back to see ripples on the surface of the tank water! My sponge over the outtake literally fell apart and now there are particles of it everywhere on Dragoon's side! EVERYWHERE! I'm hoping they don't harm him while the intake works to take all that crap in! It doesn't help that he's trying to eat some of it ! I put a rag over the output part so there's no ripples, and tomorrow I need to take out the filter & clean it out, and get rid of the other sponge over the intake since it's falling apart as well...today is just NOT my day . I'm not going to lie, I'm very worried about Dragoon at the moment, since I don't know what all those particles are going to do and if they will harm him. I tried to get a lot of them out, but there was still a lot in the tank on his side...
Old 10-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #329 
BettaLover1313

Okay, I looked at the tank after I posted that, and the particles are gone (thank God!). I'm very happy that I recruited a friend to help me clean it out tomorrow so that I can get that other sponge off and just use the thick rags I got from Wal-Mart as a set (though they scare the crap out of me since through the barrier it almost looks like Merlin got onto Dragoon's half >.<)
Old 10-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #330 
BettaLover1313

Been a very busy past few days-but I am feeling better (I actually worked at my other job over the weekend). I'm very happy to say the filter issue has been resolved! I got rid of both sponges, and replaced it with two rags (one for the outflow, the other for the intake) and though it's a snug fit, at least Dragoon gets to keep his favorite thing in the tank.

How do I know it's his favorite? Well, when I was cleaning it out, since I figured it couldn't hurt to wash it out while I got rid of the other sponge & panty hose, I accidentally dosed the motor in the water as well without even thinking, and it just wouldn't work. So much to Dragoon's dismay, it sat outside of his tank upside down. He was fretting over this fact the whole time that it was drying, swimming back and forth and up and down near it. I felt really bad, since I wasn't sure if it would work once it dried out, so I was really afraid that I'd have to get a new one. Luckily, it worked once it had dried out, and now Dragoon is his usual self.

Not sure what to think about Merlin's fins though. He still has a hole in his tail, his anal fin is still funky looking, and I just don't know . It's not getting worse, and I can tell that they're healing, but sheesh! I think he just likes having a "rugged appearance".

Got my one class sorted today after talking with my teacher, so that's no longer an F. I quit my weekend job on Monday, turning in my two weeks notice. I'm fairly certain that I've been overworking myself, and since I can't quit my vacuuming job, I got rid of the only other thing that could go. So now, I just have two more (really only a possibility of one more weekend since I'm off this upcoming weekend) to work then I'll have my weekends back and I can potentially go home more often (depending on how well I can manage my money since I do have a car payment to make and gas isn't cheap).

That's about all the news for now so until next time!