I was wondering what's up with my new Betta "Blue".
Day1: He was fine, ate and was rather calm due to stress i imagine of a new home.
Day2: Water got rather foggy, he was miserable, staying in one corner of the tank, not eating. Changed all water that night and he was happy. Swam more and was active. Still wont eat (not even a pea).
Day3: Water is lightly foggy. He's swimming fine. Responsive to seeing me. But rubbing himself against the glass occasionally. Wont eat. Looks like he has like multi colored glitter all over him. (Not gold though).
1. What is the size of your tank? ~ 1 Gallon (due apartment restrictions)
2. What are your water parameters? ~ Um, no clue.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water? ~ Freshwater
4. How long the aquarium has been set up? ~3 days
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? ~ 1 Male Betta. 3 days
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period? ~ Nope
7. What temperature is the tank water currently? ~No thermometer or heater. Room temp.
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium? ~No, but considering getting.
9. What filter are you using? ~None since its a 1g tank.
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)? ~ None. I have a airator but i took it out cause the flow might be to strong for it.
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
~ Very little, our windows are drafty. But his light is on 10am to 10pm.
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate? ~Yesterday, all of it. I try to.
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
~ Only BettaMin so far. Considering getting another kind since he hasn't eaten in 2 days. Once a day i try...
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish? ~Rubbing self against glass. Sparkle-y skin. Not eating.
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
~ No. Just cleaned his tank. I will buy within reason stuff to fix him but he is only a $3 Walmart fish and we are tight on money. He's my 1st fish so i am very new to this.
Thanks in advance.