Betta Fish Forum banner

Adding another Betta

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  leedea08 
#1 ·
I have one female CT Betta. She is in a 1.5 gallon tank with a filter for 1-3 gallons. She had just moved into her new tank yesterday, but i have had her for three weeks in a much smaller tank. And she has a castle in it that she adores. I was just wondering that if i should get another female CT in there with her, but I am afraid she will not like the new comer in her new tank and messing with her castle. Should i add another Betta with her or will she get mad? And is her tank to small? I will post pictures asap.

#7 ·
My females blow bubbles like crazy! Probably because of Dahl and PonyBoy sharing their tank.

Usually, since females are smaller, a 1.5 should be okay. Normally we recommend at least 2.5 gallons per betta. If you want females yo live together, you need at least 10 gallons and 4 females to spread out the aggression.

#9 · (Edited)
I found something in my little girls tank just now. It looks brown and its too big to be poop. But I think she does look less bloated. But she wasn't sick or anything.Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?
__________________________________________________ __________________
R.I.P
Name: Breed: Gender: Color:
Charlie Unknown male Not sure, i had him about 2-3 years ago
Joker Unknown male Orangish with red spots on fins
Emily Crowntail female Red with black fins

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.