Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #31 
Illhearted
Banned

I wouldn't put the otos in the ten. They produce a lot of waste, on top of your mystery snail(s), and you'd need at least 5 of them since they are a shoaling fish. Pygmy cories would be a better choice.
Illhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #32 
twolovers101

Thanks, I'll probably just get shrimpies in a month or so, tank isn't quite ready for anything else yet xD
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #33 
PetMania

How's the tank doing? Sorry I haven't checked your thread the past couple of days. I haven't had much time to log in.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #34 
twolovers101

It's going well, I think my lily is dying though :( I read online somewhere that they tend to die off after about a year... which seems really strange to me but I'm not too upset about it.

Everything else in the tank is just peachy, the hygro that I recently added already needs to be trimmed and both swords are blossoming. I'll try to post update pics tomorrow (or late tonight) if I can convince my hubby to let me borrow his phone (camera) lol
Old 10-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #35 
twolovers101

Pictures Finally!

Okay so here's a quick picture update, and a bonus of Shosta hanging out in the dhg :)
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #36 
Angelafish

So pretty... I love your planted tank! :) That must be one of the happiest bettas in the world. :)
Angelafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #37 
twolovers101

Haha! I hope he's happy xD he acts like it :D

And thank you :) I've worked really hard to get it going. It's really satisfying to see him patrolling around and watching the snails nomming on random things and just scooting around xD
Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #38 
twolovers101

So my mom bought Rajah a gift yesterday! She got him a cardboard castle from petco it looks something like this

So far he hasn't really used it, but I like it ^^

not much to update on the tanks other than it's still growing like crazy I'll hopefully be able to post more pictures later this week around Wednesday or so most likely. I'm going to be really busy Monday and Tuesday with my student teaching. The orchestra I'm working with has a concert on Tuesday so they're having lots of after school rehearsals on those days ^^;

And just a little blurb about Rajah...

I don't know if I told you guys, but we got Rajah from a local shelter that was having a special on cat adoptions because they were getting really full of kitties (kittens mostly). My husband actually picked Rajah out because he was really sweet and laid back, and would just sit in his lap and purr like crazy. The shelter (who told us he was a girl lol) said that he had been there for a month already and if no one adopted him, he would probably be put to sleep because they were running out of space. So my husband decided that he was ours right then. All his shots and neutering cost $30 because of the special and we got to bring Rajah home two days later.

Since then this little cat has been the absolute JOY of my life. My husband works night shifts so I don't get to see him very much, and Rajah has helped to fill that void. In less than a week he and I had bonded to a level that all I have to do is call his name and he comes running down the hallway to rub his little face all over whatever part of me he can get to.

Last night I woke up to him curled up next to my chest with his head and front paws laying across my neck :) it was so cute. When I'm walking around the apartment the little guy follows me around and attacks my ankles. We've even developed a game I call "kitty soccer" where we take turns kicking and batting his
ball(s) around. xD

Anyway, I've probably bored anyone reading this long enough, but I just wanted to share my love for the little guy =^.^=
Old 10-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #39 
Chachi

Sounds like both you and Rajah are lucky to have found each other!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #40 
twolovers101

Yeah, he's quite the special little dude :) I love him to bits xD