Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #1 
TeenyTinyTofu

Opinions On This Tank?

The size is perfect, but does anyone here own this specific tank? Do you like it? I'm looking to purchase it soon for Tofu, and move him out of his unfiltered 2.5 gallon bowl. I like the idea that it comes with a filter, the hood and light, and I already have an airstone and airpump ready to be used.

Is it a good buy?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/12177653
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Oh yeah!!! Looks fabulous! Just don't forget a heater. ;)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #3 
aknight

I just bought that tank to replace my 5 gallon that started to leak. I really love it for the price. The only problem that I have with it is that I have to lift the whole lid to feed Rex and his tankmates because Rex eats his pellets from my fingers and the feeding ring for the danios is on the side away from the filter.
aknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #4 
TeenyTinyTofu

Yeah, I'm going to buy the submersible heater seperately. That's the only thing I'd need to buy besides the tank setup.

I, too, noticed that the opening seemed really small. I bet I'd have to likely remove the whole hood whenever I needed to stick a fish net in there for anything.

Also aknight, what type of filter did it come with?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 02-18-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #5 
lilyrazen

I have a ten gallon in the same design, divided into three, and It seemed like a large feat to feed and do water changes, but it worked out fine in the end. Great tank!
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #6 
aknight

It came with an Aqua-tech filter. I had to go and look because I'm not using that filter... I'm using the Whisper filter out of my leaking tank.
aknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #7 
TeenyTinyTofu

I have an extra Whisper filter as well, so if I don't like the filter that comes with it, I'll just switch.

Thanks for all the opinions guys! I'm all excited to be picking it up on Monday after I go pick up my paycheck from work. I know Tofu is going to love it. :)
Old 02-20-2010, 01:45 AM   #8 
jpez0917

That's the tank i have. I really like it. The opening is a little small, but it would be ok for feeding if you only have one betta in there. I have the tank divided in half, so I lift up the whole hood to feed them. I don't use the filter it came with either...I use an AquaClear 20 (I love that filter).

One thing to keep in mind though, and the picture on the website doesn't show it, is that because of the hood's shape, a marineland biowheel filter won't fit unless you modify the opening on the back (if for some reason, you ever felt the need to put in a different filter other than a whisper or the one it came with). Most other filters should work though.

here's a picture of the hood

Other than that, it really is a great tank....especially for the price. I live in a dorm, so it was a good size for the space that I have.
jpez0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #9 
Romad
TFK Moderator

That a great price. My 2.5 gallon tanks (Aqueon mini-bows) cost me more that that. Gahhh!!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote