Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #741 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Will do, thanks Matt. Yeah, she's still there, not eating I know unless she mysteriously finds a rogue pellet which is highly doubted but she's there. Phoenix's anal fin as deteriorated more, where it was just a hole before, that whole back part up to the hole is gone now which is how Mystique started as well. Raven still has spots on her that grow with each week, they look a little more painful now, her fins are still a mess too.

Aurora, Phoenix and Stardust are in constant state of bloat and I saw one of them poop white so I was thinking possible internal parasites but I can't tell for sure if it's just some early organ failure or something else. Anywho, got to head to class, talk to y'all later.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #742 
PetMania

I really hope that everything works out, lil. Jarvis is doing fine *hehe I'm watching Iron Man while typing this ;)*. he has adjusted well and has got quite the personality.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #743 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's like my new guy from Mo, Pablo. He's such a showoff. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #744 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm glad he's doing well Pet! He's such a quirky little guy but so amusing ^_^ I'm really glad you like him

Oh and Matt, even if I let the driftwood sit out in the sun until like Spring/Summer next year? I know it doesn't kill EVERYTHING but that should kill the possible Myco's, correct? I know it's courtesy of course but leaving it in the sun for the UV ray's to kill it should make it safe for other aquariums, yes? Or no? If not then I won't sell it, don't want to infect other tanks!

Raven has started to get lethargic, both her and Mystique are the ones in rough shape right now. I'm still conflicted about Mystique and whether or not to cup her since she seems to be doing better. I know she's not getting better but she's not as lethargic as she was before but she looks terrible. Now Raven is entering the lethargic stage.

The added sunlight to Rembrandt's tank doesn't seem to be helping his external issues with that grey patch so I'm going to keep the blinds shut again since it's not worth it to grow so much algae >.<
Old 10-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #745 
PetMania

So, yeah. I am making room for 5 new bettas. And I am starting my first sorority.
Is it okay if I get Jarvis a 3 gallon tank? Or should I still buy him a 5 gallon? I can split a 5 to save room, but I don't want Jarvis to live in too small of quarters.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #746 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

The uv would definitely kill the mycos on the surface, but my main concern is that it is porous so mycos are living in the wood where the light wouldn't touch it.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #747 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That makes sense Matt, so I shouldn't even bother trying to sell it then huh. I can always use it for firewood after it's dried out XD great use of aquarium wood lol

And Pet; Jarvis is totally fine sharing a 5 with a girl if you need to, he's quite chill around the ladies in fact. He'll just sit there and stare and not know what to do with himself, occasionally he'll flare if he's got enough stimulus but generally he doesn't flare at all. But I've had him in all sorts; 1's, 2.5's, 3's. He's comfy wherever he is really I mean, I don't really care what you do as long as you take care of him which I know you will. Even if he's in a 1, if he's given proper care, I see no issue at all ^_^

I had to put Raven down, she was listlessly laying against the sand or plants. I netted her, she didn't fight and actually swam into it. Cupped her and since I had just taken water, it was still swirling; she didn't even fight the swirl of the cup. That's when I decided she needed to be put to sleep, she looked horrible and ragged, worse than Mystique actually. Mystique refuses to eat as well, I put some brine shrimp right in front of her and she backed away as quickly as she could, I tried multiple times and let the shrimp float in the water and she swam away from them :-/ I think she'll be going soon as well.

On other good news though, everyone is happily fed with their shrimp meal today Pictures up tomorrow since I'm exhausted from today's game. We lost 36 to 13 lol but the Band always Wins!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #748 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Does that mean necropsy soon?

I think at a certain temperature mycos die, so you could bake it... I could be wrong though. I'll get back to you on that.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #749 
PetMania

Sorry about Raven.

Can I put a baby next to him? All of my girls will be in the sorority. I won't risk putting a male next to him. If the baby turns out to be a boy, I'll move him out, but it is likely that s/he will be adopted out by the time it reaches his size
Old 10-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #750 
Elsfish

You poor thing!

I hate losing fish! It just breaks me
Enjoy your new fish!
Elsfish is offline   Reply With Quote