Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #1 
niki93

Black spot next to eye,damaged scales?

Hey guys.
So my HM red dragon is not very well. He has got a mild fin rot(but I am not so sure if it's really fin rot now). His fins have little tears and splits. I noticed he lost 1 scale and an other one turned red(?) or it's damaged(I can't decide)
So today he's got even more damaged scales and I also noticed a black or grey spot/mark next to his eye.
Everything in his tank have been there since I got him, I only put a new hornwort in there a week ago.
Because I thought he had a mild fin rot, I changed the water every other day(25%) and I just got API stress coat+ what I used only once.
So the water parameters are fine ammonia 0,nitrite 0,nitrate 5-10.
(He also had a kind of grass in a plastic pot,but I took it out more than a week ago because I thought that the plastic pot damaged his scale)
He has been acting weird as well,sometimes he would just stop on top of his plant or on the bottom and not move for a minute or more,although I am "calling" him(I open the lid on top of the tank and he swimms really fast to the top usually,begging for food)
He is eating normally,and acting normal except these 1-2 minutes sometimes.
What is causing this? What should I do with him? Please help!
Attached Images

niki93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #2 
PetMania

Is there anything in the tank that might be sharp or rough? He might be rubbing up against it, and having it rip off his scales. For the black spot, I'm not sure. Could it be a bruise? I don't know.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #3 
niki93

He didn't have anything sharp or rough in my opinion,but just be sure,I took his "house" and drift wood. So I will see if he is going to loose more scales,that must be something else.
niki93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #4 
PetMania

Hmm. Do you have API Stress Coat? This works wonders to help repair damaged fins and scales.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote