Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #1 
Bettalover41

Love my betta

hi all, I have been going to this forum whenever me and my daughter needed, advise, tips, and ideas and all things betta. She got me started with her betta fish. Beautiful red named Fera Bloodfin. (she even acts like a barbarian warrior).
Since we have started it's gone like this:

1st male I got is Cloudwalker (my little blue) I think he's somewhere around a rosetail. he looks just like a stormy rain cloud. I fell in love with him (got him from Petco more on that later). My next male is Ghost Spiritwalker, he's a yellowish white delta tail. I love him too. He looks like a little Ghost when you turn his night light on. :) (hearts floating).

My first female died with a malfunction on the heater. That hurt. I felt so bad.. but my daughter was telling me it's not your fault you didn't know about the heater. Soooo... on that note... our betta fish lovelies have grown to Diana (my daughter's) Lily Paddle (mine) Lily and Diana we think are sisters. They have their tanks next to each other. It's hilarious. Diana will watch Lily do laps her in tank, so she will try to do it too.. but a much slower pace. then she gives up and swims away. :)
After Lily Paddle we have Dreza, Aphordite, and Artemis, Tigger, Flame and Scarlett, Story and today we picked up Jasmine. yes they are all in a sorority. In a 40 gallon tank shared with three tetra. and two little cherry barbs they adopted. they ignore the cories and the shrimp. We have two out of the three oracles alive. ( one died). December is my youngest daughter's she is in her own tank. We also have Sevarus, Randall the anti social red handed prince, Ferris and Roostoff. This is where my biggest question comes in...all of our beta we have got are from Petco.
Since we have got all of them from Petco I want to burn that place to the ground. Lily and Diana had numerous fungus infections, (they are now healthy). Ghost and Cloud were fine but Sevarus, shouldn't be alive. He's an elephant ear, he had inflamed gills, severe fin rot, ick, a problem with his slime coat, eye infections, numerous scale infections. He somehow managed to overcome all of that and is now healthy. Roostoff is also from Petco with a severe case of popeye. We're currently waiting for medication to show up through the mail. My last fish.. is Mister Marbles. He's blind. He has absolutely no idea you there but makes a bubble nest to show you how much he loves you. He has no idea he shares his tank with a pleco and a neon who teases him. I went through the advice of a user on here who also has blind betta. by feeding him with a spoon . I try to be routine as I can so he knows it's feeding time. What worries me about him is this.. for the past few days he has been at the bottom of the tank. he still eats. (no bloating, no inflammation) looks healthy honestly...but he's always at the bottom. He comes up for air my question is... how does one treat this? what can be done for him? are there other people who take care of handicapped betta?
Bettalover41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #2 
JelloBetta

Welcome to the forum!

Petco does take terrible care of their fish. I've never seen such cruelty in my life!
JelloBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #4 
Treytot

Welcome!
Treytot is offline   Reply With Quote