Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #1 
damo2904

Exclamation Aquarius had a FIGHT with Lynx!!!!! HELP needed!!!

Yesterday morning I did my usual routine when i get up & checked all my bettas to make sure they all happy & no problems. All were ok.
So i went into for a shower, when i came back I checked along my divided tank & Aquarius was missing from his section, looked into the next section which was Lynx's & there was Aquarius & him at the back fighting!!!!

I paniced like majorly, grabbed the net & literally had to force them apart, poor Aquarius dived for the net with Lynx chasing him, I managed to get Aquarius out, but he's in a hell of a state with Lynx barely untouched!

I have pictures....

this is what Aquarius usually looks like (pre fight)...

Name:  011 (5).jpg
Views: 92
Size:  106.5 KB

but now (post fight).....

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  112.7 KB

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  113.0 KB

so far I haven't treated him, but ive noticed this evening he's biting his own tail. Does this sort of damage hurt them? He's no damage to his body just his fins.
Do u think a good salt bath is benificial to help heal him quickly? add some melafix aswell or something else?

oh dear, how silly of him, he musta jumped over, im so upset, ive raised all my dividers since to ensure no repeats!!
damo2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about Aquarius! I would just keep him in extra clean water for now and if he doesn't get any better the next few days then you can medicate him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #3 
kelly528

Yeeeouch!

Salt the water to prevent infection and don't medicate unless you notice black edges, 'fuzzy' edges, etc. If you want to aid regrowth feed him high-protein foods like bloodworms.

And please no melafix or bettafix... it is only an antiseptic (like rubbing alcohol) and will not 'fix' your fish or regrow anything. If you are keeping your water clean enough (and salted) it shouldn't be necessaryOnly time will heal your fish.

Last edited by kelly528; 02-22-2010 at 04:21 PM.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote