Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #1 
PonyJumper101

A Story of Two Best Friends

Before you read, please do not judge my first betta's appearance. I know he looks bad but that is how he has always looked.

Here's a short story about two best friends. About 4 1/2 years ago, I bought my first betta, Blue. He was nothing fancy, just the regular blue and red veiltail. About 2 years after I got him, I bought an African Dwarf Frog and put them in the same tank together to offer my Blue some entertainment. People said that they wouldn't get along, but I begged to differ. These two animals became best friends, and I am not kidding you. The frog's name was Tim, after Tim Horton's. He was small, and skinny. Blue and Tim could never be seperated. They would both go crazy, and I mean it. Blue would swim crazily looking for Tim, and Tim would swim up and down in his cup. That was the only times they were seperated; during a water change. Until one day, Tim's life came to an end. Tim had stopped eating one day and looked sick and skinny. That same day he passed. Blue went into depression. I'm serious. He stopped eating and didn't move unless he was looking for Tim. It was sad to see him search desperatly all day for his long lost friend. A week after Tim died, Blue passed. People say that animals can't have bonds with other animals, but I say they are wrong, and this is a perfect example of why.

Swim in peace to both Blue and Tim. Now reunited in Aqua Heaven.
Attached Images

PonyJumper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #2 
Chachi

That's sweet!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #3 
Tank Gurl

Incredible story PonyJumper101! Im so sorry for your loss. They are most definitely swimming together right now in Aqua Heaven. =)
Tank Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #4 
Soph7244

Thats the sweetest story ive ever heard. Im so sorry for your loss and I'm sure tim and Blue are happy to be with each other again.
Soph7244 is offline   Reply With Quote