Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #1 
OrangeAugust

Question Sorority in a divided 10 gallon

I have a divided 10 gallon tank with a male betta on one side and a female betta on the other side. I also have a 55 gallon community tank where I have 7 females. It's been difficult to keep the sorority fairly balanced in the big tank because I was advised that there needs to be more females in that sized tank to spread out the aggression.
And recently I look at the tank and think I'd like more schooling types of fish rather than 10 more bettas. So I had this idea where I can move the divider in my 10 gallon so that one side is larger, and keep my 7 females there? So I'll give my male betta about 2-2.5 gallons and the other side will be about 7.5-8 gallons for my 7 females (possibly 6 because I might have to keep one by herself). I'll get a lot more plants, of course, but is that too cramped of an area for 6 or 7 female bettas? Will they fight more in that small space after being used to the big space?
Then in my community tank I can get a giant school of purple passion danios (they look so cool in a big school) and keep them with my zebra danios, neon tetras, and julii cories that I already have.
Will that work?
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #2 
Illhearted
Banned

Could you switch out your male and put him in the 55 so the girls can get the 10 all to themselves?
Illhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #3 
OrangeAugust

OOHHH I didn't even think of that!! Yeah I can totally do that. And then maybe he won't be so bored and he'll stop biting his tail!
Yayyyy I'm really excited now. haha.
Hopefully the zebra danios don't freak him out, though. They're really hyper.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #4 
Illhearted
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAugust View Post
OOHHH I didn't even think of that!! Yeah I can totally do that. And then maybe he won't be so bored and he'll stop biting his tail!
Yayyyy I'm really excited now. haha.
Hopefully the zebra danios don't freak him out, though. They're really hyper.
I think it should be fine since its a sizable tank, particularly if its planted since itll give him somewhere to escape the psychos, I mean, Danios .
Illhearted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta sorority, community tank, divided tank, sorority