Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #1 
SurfinCrab

I'll Miss You

It's been a long and frustrating week. I lost three of my fish this week. One on Saturday(a shock) and two last night (expected, yet you always hope). Their deaths were unrelated. I still have many to care for and love Yet each will be missed greatly.

Bonus Boy- You were a surprise to me when I opened the package and found you there. I looked forward to seeing you grow. What were your pretty blue and red fins going to be? VT? DT? CT? Your sudden passing exactly to the hour a week after you arrived, on Saturday still makes me sad. Sorry, I didn't get to know you longer. SIP my BB.

Gumdrop- I knew you were sickly when I saw you in that cup at work. But that look, I couldn't leave you there. I know that you must have had it rough, left without a thought, on an empty desk as someone moved on. So you came home with me. I loved your sillyness as you swam about when I came by your tank, even with your clamped fins. Your flaring at the daphina. We tried it all, and things were looking better as your tail fin started to open. Then the fungus came and you were gone in a day. I'll miss you my purple Gumdrop. SIP with your fins wide open.

Rose (my baby girl)-You were the smallest baby at Petco that day. I didn't know if you were a boy or a girl. Your color was golden on your body but you had no fins. I knew that you may not have much time, so I thought "Why not, this baby needs to know more than a cup". So home we went. That was August. When I gave you a tank you took to it right away. Sleeping on your heater the first week. Each time I added anything to your tank you explored it for hours, plants, stones and your tunnel. Your fins were growing back a beautiful rose red. You leaned the daily routine, eat then water change. Yet you hardly grew, still a tiny girl. I knew that wasn't good and I wouldn't keep you long. Every day seemed like a gift. When you didn't come to breakfast yesterday I knew where to find you, in your tunnel. You passed later that night. I hope your short time was happy. SIP my tiny Rose.
SurfinCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #2 
Morguex

SurfinCrab I don't even know what to say, this is absolutely heartbreaking.

I really wish I had some words to make you feel a little better.

SIP little friends.
Morguex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #3 
SurfinCrab

Thanks Morguex. All my fish have special meaning to me. Each have a story. All different. When they get sick you worry a little more. Gumdrop and Rose were sick when I got them. Bonus was a surprise shipment when I ordered two others. He was never quite normal, acted strange but never sick. I've gotten most of my fish because they were neglected or had been at the store too long. I had only lost two sickly ones before, both in less than a week. I had hope for Gum and Rose and kept them longer than I thought I would. Any time a sick fish in the store, or wherever, gets in a home tank, it is better for their life. And Yours :)
SurfinCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #4 
Morguex

You're very welcome SurfinCrab.

I know what you mean about worrying, when my guy was sick all last week, I couldn't get home form work fast enough to check on him and give him some more TLC and in all honestly I always feared the worst.

Yes our pets do make our lives better and we makes theirs better also.

Hang in there friend
Morguex is offline   Reply With Quote