Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #1 
TaylerHill

Exclamation Sorority females in quarantine, one has turned pale and has stress stripes?

As you may have seen in my previous posts I recently got 5 female crowntails to start my sorority. They are all floating in their cups where they can see each other and get used to each other. They are all flaring at each other off and on. I just noticed one of my females is showing stress stripes now. Is this ok? Should I take her out for a bit or leave her so she can get used to the others?
TaylerHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #2 
rickey
Banned

She may be stressed from be in the cup, but I see nothing wrong with isolating her from the other for a time
R

Last edited by rickey; 11-02-2013 at 01:28 AM.
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #3 
caphyae

I'm thinking that floating with all the other ladies around her is stressing her out. When you let them into the tank, I'd let her in first, so she can find a hiding spot and adjust before the rest.
caphyae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #4 
bloo97

I've been through two sororities with fish. They'll get stripes when stressed and flare at each other. This is indeed normal, for they are unfamiliar with the other fish. It'll stay like that for a few days....lots of chasing and a little nipping. That'll settle down in a few days, perhaps a week depending on their temperament. Be sure that there are plenty of plants, rocks, caves, etc. for the fish to escape to, hide, and gain privacy. It'll take a bit of time and patience.

Best of luck to you.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote