Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #11 
dr2b

I don't like the round tanks. I find the BiOrbs way to expensive for what you get in them... not to mention (as already said) the eye problems it causes fish. I also had a 360 tank before... I didn't keep it because the lid wasn't very secure and I had cats who loved to be around the tank. I also found I could never find my fish in the tank for two reasons: either the fish went down the center column and under the gravel or the way the tank was shaped you couldn't see the fish swimming in the back.

I agree with 1fish... buy a normal tank, and customize it to your likings and personality.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

I don't think cylindrical tanks have the same issues but I just don't like them.. for me its an issue of horizontal space.. in those tanks there is hardly no horizontal space
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #13 
Kittles

If you go to Goodwill / Salvation Army stores, or even Ross Dress for Less, you can usually find some large glassware containers, bowls, and vases that could appropriately house a betta. They usually have large pieces that could easily hold 2+ gallons with plenty of horizontal and vertical space. Ross is where I bought my first 2 gallon piece that I used as a tank. It was nice, but I'm enjoying my typical 10 gallon much better.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #14 
BeautifulBettaFish

Thank you-all so much for the ideas & information...im thinking now i might just get a regular tank & decorate it ....
BeautifulBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #15 
veganchick

sounds goo! There re alot of ways to go with a normal tank! Do drum bowls harm fish's eyes? I have always used these and never had an isssue so I was just curious.... I am sorry for reccomending the biorb!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #16 
1fish2fish

Drum bowls? I'm not familiar with that term.. do you mean like this...

These don't.. I use one as my hospital tank. Its just the edges shaped like a ball all the way around that cause problems.. I'm not exactly sure why.. I just know its something about how the light comes in and is reflected and bounces around in the bowl... the fish can't tell where the light is coming from I guess.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't care for the shape of those.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote