Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #21 
1fish2fish

My first betta was a purple and blue VT named Potato Gonzalez.. I firmly believe fish and snails should have silly names. I got him when I was 15 at a petsmart. I'd been bugging my mom to get me a puppy because they had promised that when we moved to GA they would let me get a dog. My mom was trying to use the excuse I wouldn't take care of it blah, blah, blah.. so I asked her if I could get a fish instead.

Well I wanted a black moor goldfish. I knew nothing about fish and wanted to keep it in your regular fish bowl. Luckily for the fish the petsmart employees said I needed a 20+ gallon tank.. so no goldy. I start looking at the bettas and picked one out. The petsmart employee said to buy this tank..

Which I did.. its about a 1/2 gallon. I got some pellets and the guy said do a water change once a week and I went home with my new buddy. I set up his tank and he seemed really happy to me. After a few months I thought he looked cold so I went and bought this..

thinking it would heat up the tank. Gonzalez would spend most of his life under than light. I did my weekly water changes religiously but one day came home to find Potato Gonzalez dead :(... I know now why he died but it doesn't make me miss him any less.

After that I got Fish.. he was a gift from my now ex-boyfriend to make me feel better.. he seemed so ugly in comparison to Gonzalez that I didn't even give him a name.. he was just "Fish".. he managed to hang on 3 years in an unheated, 1 gallon tank with weekly water changes until I stumbled across a betta forum and realized I hadn't been taking proper care of my fish.

(Oh.. and I did get my puppy 6 months after I got Gonzo :D)
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #22 
shemetz

Post i just got my betta

i just got my first betta fish, Spud.
he is blue and green and he seams realy happy. i am setting up his tank rite now
shemetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

He sounds really pretty! Congrats on your new buddy! :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #24 
xgoingdownx

Congrats- don't forget to post pictures of him in the picture section of the board!! :) I want to see him ^.^
xgoingdownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #25 
shemetz

i will rember to post pics.
i just put him in his tank and he looks grate and he loves his real plant
Old 02-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #26 
Noko

My first betta didn't have a name. I can't even remember anything about him. I think he was red though. I had him in my ten gallon tank with some other fish. He liked to hide near the top of the tank under the huge plant I got without know that it would end up growing so large. I still have the betta flakes I used to feed him :D

Congrats on your betta, and I hope he loves his new tank!
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #27 
shemetz

ya spud loves his tank
Old 02-28-2010, 06:27 AM   #28 
Min

My first betta was gossamer. For years I have been trying to get the hubby to agree that I NEED a fish tank. Its always a no go. So a few months ago I was looking through the petco circular & noticed they had betta kits on sale. I drove to petco & looked though the lil guys & came across this really cool blueish silver betta. He looked so different from the others. When I brought him home & put him in his new home he was so happy I guess that he turned deep blue with purple , teal & red fins.

As u can see hes not very silver lol. Anyway he started me on this obsession with the lil guys & now I have 4
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's very pretty!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote