Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #1 
Tony2632

Rams

Does any one know about Electric Blue Rams? Because I want some maybe for 37 gal sorority or if I can't ill set up other tank. I know very little about them and would like some info on them.
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #2 
AquaScaper6

i have experience with rams. they need very little water and are not aggressive. they get stressed very very easily in dirty water so that will need to be kept up. i know they are neat, but i wouldnt get them again. in a 37 gallon......id go with 7 playts 4 mollies 3 paradise fish a betta(no long fins) 7 zebra danios and 5 tiger barbs. keep your deco light and use a decent filter.
AquaScaper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #3 
AquaScaper6

well, maybe 2 paradise fish
Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #4 
Tony2632

I talked to lilnaugrim already about rams. I'm not doing it for my sorority. I decided get another tank for the rams in the future. I might even try a 200 gal discus tank. I mean, I've been into fish keeping a little over a decade now. Playts, mollies, paradise fish, zebra danios, and tiger barbs don't really interest me. I want something with a challenge now. Maybe a saltwater tank will give me the challenge I need because a planted tank was hard at first, but now since I've found the right balance for the tank, it's a breeze.
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #5 
AquaScaper6

Awesome! Snds good. I always have liked the simplicity of the schooling fishes. I aqua scape (as my username implies) and I find one or two sets of schooling fish sets the tank on fire, but that's what I am studying, but I am a whiz on nano scaping, a beta and some cherry shrimp, sometimes if it is at least a 7"x8" I'll do a paradise fish. Sorry, I didn't answer you question