Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #441 
maystable

I believe one of my rescued baby bettas had started off with swim bladder bloat, but then caught onto this. He was the size of a thumbnail and had a blueish tint to him. When I first had gotten him, he was on an herbal medication. Peanut (his name) seemed to be doing much much better after 2 days, but then his whole tail turned a light gray... He died Sunday, but I do believe that this is what he had
maystable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #442 
Tank Gurl

Just found this thread.

I lost my baby Trinette suddenly this morning. I posted threads about her, thinking she had dropsy, but the generally consensus of the members here didn't see her pine coning.

I did treat her with fungus clear for 4 days last week and she was just fine during treatment and after. Fed her last night, she was active and happy, then this morning just gone.

I did not think to take a picture, i was too distraught. She did not have the silver/grey on her fins, but her right side was black, like something rotted inside of her, her stomach was slightly bloated making her head tilt upward and she was covered in furry white stuff in only 8 hours!!! I dont know if its the same thing, but 8 hours seems quick.
Tank Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #443 
srf312

I think one of my boys just died of this. He was looking stressed and sick, but had nothing on him this morning. When I came home, he was dead and his fins had the black all over them. I didnt get a picture, too upset
srf312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #444 
mmlsavoie

Could this be it? It came on overnight. I have no idea how to treat it.
Attached Images

mmlsavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #445 
Paolo Osorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Thanks, purple. Wonder if formaldehyde works. Most veterinary clinics or universities should have that, right?

Pitluvs, what if someone had to put a betta named Mustard in the fridge? Too weird. "Where's the mustard?" "Next to Mustard." "Whaaat?"
Lol
Paolo Osorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #446 
nunosilva10

So I will wrote what happened to My bettas.
I have guppys on My aquarium and some Gymnocorymbus and 3 females and 1betta male. Two month back My bettas died with regular columnaris treated them with esha 2000 and no success. A few weeks later i introduced new bettas to the aquarium and they where all fine and happy for a few weeks and now the 3 females I introduced a few weeks back died yesterday with columnaris and My male in the same aquarium as this same disease talked on this thread with his tails all grey, I think it is some form or derivated from columnaris, treated them with sera baktopur, 0 results :c MY male is Alive not for long. :c he is a blue veil tail. The weirdest stuff is that all the other fish are OK and happy only bettas got affected by columnaris and this new kind of disease the blue male. Ill upload some pictures later .30h has passed since the first signals of the disease and his tails are all grey and falling. My first BETTA will die
nunosilva10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #447 
Bettalover41

You need to do a complete tank change. Columnaris is no joke. I followed another treatment on here for columnaris and with great success managed to stop it twice when it was on two other bettas. We did the 12 hour aquarium salt with tetracycline change. Emptied everything out. the decorations we tossed. The plants we tossed. We started with a clean slate. breaking everyone into the tank the way we should. They hated it. they lived in water treated cups for 5 days the tank got done with quarantine before they did so they kept making prison breaks. When they were in their cups we change their twice a day and by treated I meant with basic ick guard and beta fix. They are fine now. Do your research on tank mates. What sounds like a great fish to put in is a killer because of the bacteria they carry. We quarantine all tank mates for the minimum of 3 days. Their water is treated and they are in a tank with nothing in it but them. Aquarium salt is most awesome. The treatment used for columnaris on here works when you follow all directions for quarantine and adding plants. etc.

When you start with a clean slate after this outbreak that includes the tank mates. they go through the same treatment. no exception. even after doing what we did after that heart breaking outbreak it still isn't a guarantee you'll get rid of it. But keep your head up. It's a learning process with betta.
Bettalover41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #448 
nunosilva10

Thanks for your reply, helped me alot

I have one question, i'll start the aquarium over again and toss the things away, what can I do with the filter? How can I clean it and the thermostat ?

Today morning my pregnant guppy died with columnaris too, I have more fancy and expensive guppy's in there don't know what can I do :c

This was the final state of my betta, the other 3 females died ,not like him, with regular columnaris.

nunosilva10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #449 
Bettalover41

The thermostat is fine. just rinse it off well. for some reason I noticed that the surface doesn't usually allow that kind of growth. As for the filter. Wash with inside and outside in running warm water. Get the whole thing. Attachments etc. I used a hard sponge that I cut to get up into the tubes etc. Wash very well. You will put that back in the tank with the 24 hr. tetracycline and aquarium salt bath. nothing in it. Just that and the filter.anything new before you go putting it into the tank needs a quarantine tank and put them in separate tank for a 12 hour cycle on aquarium salt and the tetracycline. I am so sorry for your loss.
Bettalover41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #450 
Finley429

I believe my betta is dying from this. At first I thought it was fin rot, then I thought it could be a fungal infection. No medicines have helped. Today he developed a gray spot, and within the next two hours of me discovering it, it had gotten noticeably worse. It's a rapid killer. It breaks my heart because I have grown quite attached to my little Finley, but I just can't do anything for him. I hope someone figured out what this is.
Finley429 is offline   Reply With Quote