Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #241 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, there's only one new nerite! Well two, but the yellow zebra one is the only one in the babies tank.

Unfortunately Steve has stopped caring about Kit-Kat and has gone depressive again and I fear for him. He won't eat any of the flake or pellet I offer. I'm getting NLS Growth in this week I believe so I'm hoping he'll take it. He east the frozen stuff but I can't feed him that all the time. I also think he's got some sort of internal parasite as well :-/ Yup, I can't win....ever.

Kit-Kat is still doing well though, she's seemingly grown already. Hawkeye is huge as always.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #242 
Viva

Oh no, parasites? I hope not! It seems I can't win either. I'm now down to just 6 of the original sorority girls, and they don't seem to be improving no matter what I do. Then on top of it, I found Paradise (the boy you painted the wallpaper of for me) dead under a couple of IAL. I remember doing the weekly water change on his divided tank, which he shares with 3 other males, then I didn't see him for two days. He was always a shy betta, and the lights in that tank aren't plugged in, so I assumed he was just hiding in the back behind his plant for two days like a weirdo because it wasn't uncommon. But by the third morning of not being able to see him I started moving his decor around and found him like in between two large pieces of IAL leaves dead. It looked like he maybe got stuck in between them, possibly when the water was stirring up the leaves during the WC, and couldn't get out so he suffocated =/ I'm not entirely sure if it that's what it was, but he's gotten himself stuck in decor before (like the small, common orange cave ornament I always see) and needed my assistance to get out of it. But since he was always such a shy betta and always seemed to be blowing out his fins he may have just died from something totally different like an illness...I just hope it isn't the illness that was spreading in my sorority. Anywho, I did a 50% WC after I took out his body and the other 3 boys seem totally fine so I think they're safe.

Good luck with your fishies, I hope Steve comes around. Does his poo look normal?

Last edited by Viva; 11-08-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #243 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Awww, not Paradise!! He was so beautiful! Even if he was shy I'm sorry.

Steve's poop alternates from white to normal, but I think it's also due to the brine shrimp and daphnia that I feed as well. But he was looking like he ate without me feeding him today so that's where I start assuming. Even if I do dose the tank with Epsom, it won't hurt the plants thankfully, it will just help haha.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #244 
Viva

Thanks. I know feeding brine shrimp causes my bettas to have a whitish poop but the bloating worries me :( Also, epsom salt is okay on live plants? Never knew that :D
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #245 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, it's actually used as a fertilizer in gardening! However, I'm not sure about the snails or anything so I'll probably take them out if I do decided to do that.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #246 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 200, 86, and 10

So I dosed the tank with Epsom salt at 1 tsp/gal and I just realized that I never added in what I took out today with the water change >.< and...wow....I need to not not take my meds.....I just realized I started to acclimate a snail to their water too.....salt still in it.....he seems fine but >.< oh geeze....

ANYWAY! Kit has grown already! Hawkeye won't stop growing lol, mostly it's his tail really and Steve has become depressed as I feared. He won't eat any pellets or flakes that I offer and hasn't shown interest in the daphnia either, he tried a few pieces but spit it out :-/ I guess he'll be living off brine shrimp and bloodworms until he get's better. I really don't know what else to do for him. he's still pooping the white strings but there was a normal bit on one of them today so that gives me some hope there.

Pictures!
Kit-Kat!

Steve

Steve to Hawkeye Ratio is 1:3 lol

Oh and I'm so pumped because today I found 6,500K mini CFL's at my wal-mart! 3 pack for 2.80!!!! I was sooooo excited! Now my plants will ACTUALLY grow! lol and here's all three of them. Excuse the algae >.<

Hawkeye's flare! He's huuuge! I love the little blue spots on his anal fin as well

Colored pectoral's!

"How YOU Doin'?"

Tail side!

"I'm so pretty, oh so pretty!"

Old 11-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #247 
Phantom Miria

Hawkeye is sooo pretty!! I also love the reddish color on Kit kat's fins =) Great looking betta's!
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #248 
BettaLover1313

I hope Steve starts to feel better. Hawkeye WOW O.O I can't believe how big he is!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #249 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I KNOW!!! He's huuuge! Well, he's really not that big compared to my older boy's but compared to baby size, he's ginormous!!!!!! lol I also love the red on his fins! It's so bright! And I love that it's only on the ray's and not on the membrane of the fin, it looks so cool!

Thanks guys! Kit-Kat is doing super well! She's fat and content lol
Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #250 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope Steve feels better soon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote