Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #291 
Huffle Puffles

LOL, thanks! I died when I saw the TRALALA one. That moment when you go through the hundred of pics you've snapped and one just jumps out and you have that "yeees!" moment.

As for Ramses, he has that egyptian vase in his tank, but he rarely goes in it, he likes to hide behind and swim through the handle of it. I think he's scraping himself on the heater holder things. I always catch him swimming through the back of the heater, and wedging himself between the little arm things that stick out of the suction cups and grab the heater. I tried putting the suction cups father apart so there's more room for him to get by. See if that helps any. If not, I may just stick it in the gravel.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #292 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yes! I know those moments all too well! Love them still though ^_^

Yeah, I have the vase thing too but could be anything really. I would try to stick it in the gravel or something, or put them so close he can't possibly get through maybe.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #293 
Huffle Puffles

Yea, or maybe I'll just use one suction thingie. Ha. I JUST thought about that. *face palms*

Anyhoos! We have two new family members! I bought the two more active snails in the tank. Well, there was one that was really active but it was the size of a golfball! Seriously it was HUGE! I wanted to get it, but I thought it was probably too big for the 5.5. But, I got them home and plopped them in a cup of Mysti's tank water. There was a dead fish in the tank they were in, granted the rest of the fish were healthy looking, I still want to quarantine/rinse them off for a bit. I dropped a few pellets in the water and one of the snails climbed right down and started nomming on them! So cute! The other one is just floating in the water. I hope he decides to stop floating and move around.

Click for video:
Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #294 
Huffle Puffles

Well the other little guy/gal woke up and suctioned his/herself to the glass. Yay! They're so cute I can't wait to release them into the tank and take some real pictures. I picked up a few more plants today as well to give them more cover. I'll do all that tomorrow. Give Mysti's house a good vac and rearrange some of the plants.

They're allliiiiiive!

Old 11-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #295 
Quinn

Snails! Yay!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #296 
Huffle Puffles

Yes :D And hopefully she does not eat-terrorize-use as a chew toy/frisbee these like she did the shrimps >.<
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #297 
Viva

LOL "Help my fins are out of control!" I can imagine ALL "finny" bettas thinking that, especially when they get caught in the water current LOL!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #298 
Huffle Puffles

LOL, I know. Some of them have such massive finnage. I know what they feel like, me in a wind storm before I chopped my hair.

The snails are both alive! But not before a scare this morning. Neither of them had moved the entire night, so I cupped them and within seconds they were crawling up the walls. So, I let them be while I planted and cleaned the tank. Placed Meep (The bigger one) on the log and Blip decided to just float around since he couldn't get a foot suctioned to the wall. Poor lil guy, I shall refer to them as boys since I dunno the gender even though they have neutral names. So I placed an IAL leaf under him and omg he was crawling aaallll over it. That is until Mysti took a go at him. Then she had a go at Meep. He was finally cleaning off my plant and all the sudden I see him go sailing across the tank. Not sure if he jumped or if she knocked into him with her tail. I think she may have given them a tentacle trim or two too. But they're still moving around. Blip has taken to hiding on top of the IAL just out of her reach. Meep is hiding in the log, which I feared may get him beaten more, but surprisingly she's left him be aside from looking. She's actually been going around the tank, stopping to check on Blip then going over to check on Meep. Maybe she's taking a liking to them? *crosses fingers*

Nom nom

more nom nom

oooo missed a spot

and over here

and another

HELLOOOOOOOO

Uhm, am I doing this right? *looks at everyone upside down*

Now where did that little purple thing go...

shhhh...*makes like a moss ball*

nom nom nom gravel nom nom nom

Why yes, yes I do - do windows!

FOUND YOU!

But you didn't find meeee! muahahaha

Okay! My turn to hide!

Mysti, we can still see you...

Okay how about here!?

Nope...still sticking out..

Meep: Come over here! I shall teach you the ways.
Mysti: Oh..okay!

Meep: Okay, now back in and make like a rock!

But...I'm not rock like...am I plant like!?

Yeaaa...no...sorry Mysti...

I kinda fail at this.

Whatever! I'm just too pretty to be hidden!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #299 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OMG, ALL the captions! I love them! I lol'd the entire time! How adorable!!!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #300 
Huffle Puffles

Glad you enjoyed them :D!!