Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #41 
FireKidomaru

My mom said that all the time! it drives me crazy
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #42 
truthequalslies

it dosent matter what kind of creature it is if its my pet im in tears my bf thinks im crazy but its just you spend so much time with them for christ sakes most of them have breakfast with you every morning your bound to get attached especially when theyre so excited to see you every morning theyre the lil friend whos always their im a big animal/fish softy i even cried when i saw babe 2 and the goldfish fell outa his bowl lol
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #43 
reaperss06

I honestly will admit I used to be that way too, until I actually got one, thanks to my GF. She got him for me and well I grew attached, it helped also that he was always in my site, cuz he was near my computer. So yeah I know some people could care less even when they have a fish.

Heres a thought if you know the person who says that has a cat or dog that they are attached to, say back "it's just a dog/cat" see how they react.
reaperss06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #44 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a neighbor that has a dog and she always says it's just a dog.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #45 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Nobody else can tell me that phrase. Oh, I have good reasons to keep their mouths shut.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #46 
Jupiter

Yeah, my dad always tells me Smokey is "just a cat" too.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #47 
xgoingdownx

Oh, I have reminded others of the "well, it's just a dog/cat" thing, too. And all I got was that "dogs and cats have better ability to show their emotions, therefore you can tell if they're sad or whatever. I can't tell if a fish is in pain or not, so I don't care"
It was a heartless thing to say. I love all of my pets [we have about 7-8 cats and a dog back home- Admiral Finns stays with me at college] equally, it just really makes me angry to hear things like that. It's sad that people can't really understand how we feel until they have one of their own.
xgoingdownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #48 
dramaqueen
Banned

People who have never been around fish have no idea how much fun they are or how smart they can be. I think fish are a lot smarter than we give them credit for.Before I got my first betta I thought fish were boring. Boy, was I WRONG!! lol People also don't know that many fish have personalities, especially bettas. I miss seeing my little Rusty under his bridge.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 03-02-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #49 
xgoingdownx

Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss of Rusty. :(
Bettas are definitely more entertaining than other fish I have seen! When we had goldfish, I didn't really pay too much attention to them aside from feeding them [my parents cleaned their tank]. But I can't stop looking over at my little boy swimming around blowing bubbles and everything. They're just too much fun!
xgoingdownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #50 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgoingdownx View Post
Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss of Rusty. :(
Bettas are definitely more entertaining than other fish I have seen! When we had goldfish, I didn't really pay too much attention to them aside from feeding them [my parents cleaned their tank]. But I can't stop looking over at my little boy swimming around blowing bubbles and everything. They're just too much fun!
Thank you. Some of the things they do are so funny! I get a lot of joy out of mine.