Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #2251 
dramaqueen
Banned

You have to set a limit for yourself. I had plans to take in culls and retired breeders and I just can't have that many and if something happens to my mom and I move in with my brother there is no way they're letting me have that many fish. One or two , maybe but not more than that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #2252 
PetMania

Yep, my dresser only. It can hold 4 2gal tanks, but my baby rescues might take that up.

So, my limit would be 4 bettas for fostering.
PetMania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:28 AM   #2253 
logisticsguy

Yes he is a platinum. Gorgeous fish dq he has a couple of faults but very nice. Storm clouds like that scare me. We had a tornado at our farm when I was a kid and I never really got over it. Also was near Edmonton in the 80s and saw a monster one from a distance but was there to help clean up the aftermath.To this day I have tornado dreams/nightmares once in awhile.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #2254 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have never really been in a tornado Huang a few came pretty close. April 3rd, 1974 Louisville, Ky was hit by several tornadoes as were Ohio, Indiana and several other States. This was back before we had sophisticated radars and other technology. I wad home alone when the sirens went off and it was scary. Thankfully the only damage was that the wind ripped our antenna off our roof. Living there the last 20 years we had plenty more scares. I looked out my window one afternoon and saw a funnel cloud trying to form. I wasn't sure at first but the Tv confirmed it. You could tell what it was from the way the clouds were swirling around. Also, a cousin of mine lost her house and several outbuildings on her ranch several years ago in an f 4 tornado.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #2255 
dramaqueen
Banned

Mopped the hallway now I'm gonna take a nap. It's cold and dreary here today. I still have 2 more water changes to do. All the fish are fine. I thought I was going to lose Jitters but I think he just gets depressed every now and then. I'll put him next to Liesl. That should perk him up. lol
Old 11-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #2256 
PetMania

Hope he feels better =)

I live near a nuclear plant (on the beach) and near Camp Pendalton, so I'm scared of both an explosion and an attack :/
Old 11-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #2257 
dramaqueen
Banned

My dad was stationed at Camp Pendleton many, many years ago. lol My brother is in Tokyo at Narita airport waiting to fly home and they just had a magnitude 5.5 earthquake about a half hour ago. He's fine, though.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #2258 
PetMania

Good. Add earthquakes to my list as well. California is in for a huge earthquake any time now. Even the big San Andreas one. Scary :( Ours schools are having a lot of drills now.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #2259 
dramaqueen
Banned

I was in one in LA a little over 20 years ago and it was a 5.6. Scary! It felt like we were on a rollercoaster. Then about 5 or 6 years ago we had a 5.3 in Kentucky so I definitely know what they feel like.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #2260 
PetMania

My aunt and uncle were in that one. They are living in the same house, but had to repair it. I've experienced many living in California. But we haven't had a noticeable one in a long time, so we are in for a big one.

I was watching Transformers when one happened. Lol! Coincedence.