Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #11 
iamtetsuo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neekis View Post
What's the reason for the fast? I know I could probably look it up, but my time constraints are on the computer, since I have a 3 yr old!
As mentioned by others it's good for their digestive system

He doesn't much appreciate it though. He'll swim back and forth at the top of the water whenever I walk past on fasting day. Sometimes it's too much and I'll break down and give him a bloodworm. He's really quite spoiled!
iamtetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #12 
neekis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo View Post
As mentioned by others it's good for their digestive system

He doesn't much appreciate it though. He'll swim back and forth at the top of the water whenever I walk past on fasting day. Sometimes it's too much and I'll break down and give him a bloodworm. He's really quite spoiled!
You know, I'm finding myself giving him small pieces of bloodworm everyday....I just can't help it. Not a lot of them, just one or two very small pieces. I have know idea how I'm going to deal with the fast for a whole day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
A good way to measure out your betta's food is to remember that their stomach is about the same size as their eye. Freeze dried food also expands in the stomach if you don't soak it, so be careful of that.
I'm glad you mentioned the size of their stomach. It really keeps things in perspective for me! I soaked a couple pellets last night for about 10 min, but must have soaked them too long, I dropped it in and it sunk to the bottom. Neekis just watched it sink to the bottom and then went for the other piece that was still floating on top.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 03-04-2010 at 10:43 AM.
neekis is offline   Reply With Quote