Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #10281 
JDavidGraves

Hello all. Based on the responses I got from the board, both public and private, I made some changes. I got rid of the PetSmart plants that have caused everyone so much trouble and purchased some real plants. I also got a real thermometer, instead of the stick-on one the tank came with. Right now my new Betta is alternating between hiding and darting around investigating everything in sight. I hope he calms down soon!

Also, after reading the opinions expressed on the board, I purchased my Betta from a local neighborhood fish shop that breeds locally, not from a chain store.

Last edited by JDavidGraves; 11-10-2013 at 06:34 PM.
JDavidGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #10282 
Chachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylerwin View Post
I don't see a heater--are they kept at a constant temp?
There is no heater. My house is at a constant temp. I don't have heaters in any of my bettas.
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #10283 
Tree

Quote:
TREE! Where did you get your toothless figurines? I used to have an axolotl that looked just like him and I want one for my axolotl tank :D

I got both of them at Toys R us, but you can find them online. http://www.amazon.com/How-Train-Your...+your+dragon+2

I SO want to get a black Axolotl and name it toothless! 8D

I love all of these TANKS!
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #10284 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Tree, you have no idea how much I want to just buy that figurine! So adorbs!!!

I agree! There's actually a black axolotl at my PetCo right now, the Fish lady has been taking great care of him and he's doing super well! I'm happy to say that that PetCo does fairly well and has been doing a bit better since I've gone there a few times haha. I wish I could be able to commit for the 10-ish year's that they live! I would love to have him!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #10285 
Sylerwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post

I agree! There's actually a black axolotl at my PetCo right now, the Fish lady has been taking great care of him and he's doing super well! I'm happy to say that that PetCo does fairly well and has been doing a bit better since I've gone there a few times haha. I wish I could be able to commit for the 10-ish year's that they live! I would love to have him!
Holy cow, when did petco start selling axolotls?
Sylerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #10286 
Tree

Quote:

Do eeeet! the toothless dragons are SUPER cute and the moment I saw the movie I thought of an axolotl with those horns of his. <3
Old 11-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #10287 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Holy cow, when did petco start selling axolotls?
I think it's just mine, they've only had him for a few weeks now, maybe a month total? He's about 8 inches long now and I do believe it is a boy but I'm not great at sexing them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Do eeeet! the toothless dragons are SUPER cute and the moment I saw the movie I thought of an axolotl with those horns of his. <3
Get the figurine or the axolotl? lol
Old 11-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #10288 
Tree

Quote:

BOTH Buahahahaha!!!! well I'm sure the figure is cheaper XD
Old 11-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #10289 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, only by ten dollars though! The axolotl in the store was 20.98 I believe! Not bad at all really, babies online usually go for 30-40 I think. I had done so research back a while but I don't remember a ton from it.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #10290 
Tree

Quote:
I think it's just mine, they've only had him for a few weeks now, maybe a month total? He's about 8 inches long now and I do believe it is a boy but I'm not great at sexing them yet.

Quote:
Yeah, only by ten dollars though! The axolotl in the store was 20.98 I believe! Not bad at all really, babies online usually go for 30-40 I think. I had done so research back a while but I don't remember a ton from it.

oh wow that is a nice price for them. =)

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank