Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #1 
finn17

New Betta is acting strange??

I got my Betta fish, Finn, 3 days ago and he was doing well until yesterday. Yesterday I did nothing different than what I did the day before. I did a water change and put in water conditioner. FInn even ate for the first time yesterday! But yesterday evening, about an hour after I changed his water and fed him, he started to act really jittery and would not stop swimming really fast. I don't think it's external / internal parasites because his symptoms don't match up, and he's not trying to scratch his fins at all... I called the pet store I got him from and they said that it could be the ph level? I didn't do anything different to the water though...
Help would be appreciated! Thanks
finn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #2 
OSagent23

Check your water parameters. What size tank is the betta in? Does it have a heater? What kind of water conditioner did you use? We need a little bit more info to assess the situation. Pictures would also help.
OSagent23 is offline   Reply With Quote