Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #11 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Any way you could go for at least 40 gallons? Turtles really do need a lot of room...
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #12 
jaysee
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I think you should work on getting a much larger tank for your turtle before you even think about bettas...
I agree. Once you get a larger tank for the turtle(s) you can put a betta in the 10. Admittedly I don't know too much about turtles, but a 10 does seem pretty small.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #13 
lexyfly

I only have room for a thirty gal at the time. Not to mention that I have no money for that large of a tank. I was told that the thirty would be good for now until I can afford a new stand(the one I have con only hold up to 30 gallons) and large tank. I am 14 years old and have to keep my turtle in my room and take care of everything it needs myself. I am really doing the best I can for that turtle. I have put over 200$ into it and am giving the turtle(his name is shipwerk btw) all I can. Once I can afford it I will buy the biggest tank I can for shipwerk. but for now 30 is the best I can do.
lexyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #14 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

It's really good that you care... That goes a long way.

I wouldn't personally put a turtle in a 30 but you could make it work... You're just going to have to keep up on maintenance and over-filter.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #15 
lexyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
I agree. Once you get a larger tank for the turtle(s) you can put a betta in the 10.
I can only have one tank in my room. I don't have room for two. other wise I would already have another tank for the betta and I would not have this problem. I really wish I had more room and money for all the tanks I want but I don't. I am just trying to do the best I can. I agree I will hold off on the betta until I can get it its own tank.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #16 
jaysee
Reference Team

All in due time
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #17 
lexyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
It's really good that you care... That goes a long way.

I wouldn't personally put a turtle in a 30 but you could make it work... You're just going to have to keep up on maintenance and over-filter.
Yeah. Keeping up with that turtle is much more than I bargained for but now that shipwreks life depends on me I do all the maintenance with no problem. The filter I have now is meant for a 30 gallon so it does a really good job. I also siphon the tank around every week. I should be able to take care of him pretty well.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #18 
KeshiaB

If you are getting a new turtle tank why can't you use the 10 gallon you have for a betta? Also, if you REALLY want a betta now, could you get a kritter keeper, a large old vase/jar or even a tupperware container to keep the betta in? I've seem some really cool temporary "tanks" made from old jars, you just have to make sure the vessel holds at least 2 gallons of water and can be heated.
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #19 
KeshiaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexyfly View Post
I can only have one tank in my room. I don't have room for two. other wise I would already have another tank for the betta and I would not have this problem. I really wish I had more room and money for all the tanks I want but I don't. I am just trying to do the best I can. I agree I will hold off on the betta until I can get it its own tank.
Sorry didn't see this before I replied!
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote