Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #291 
EvaJupiterSkies

Yesterday each tank got a 50% water change and a filter cartridge change. I tried to get an algae wafer to my snail, but Tycho decided intercepting and gnawing on it was the way to go, so I'm debating cupping the snail for his weekly algae wafer from now on.

Today, it's just a feed the fish and monitor tank conditions day.
EvaJupiterSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #292 
Zooxe

Put a new plant in for Atlas :) thinking about getting some dwarf hair grass...
Zooxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #293 
countyrd419

I too gave Rusty a water change. He is right now swimming in his nice warm water
Showing off his redness.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #294 
EvaJupiterSkies

So, technically yesterday now, but Tycho got an 80% WC after I noticed him doing a lot of yawning, and his anubias plant decided to melt overnight on me. He seems much happier now

Today (well, after I wake up) is probably a day to go grab some more betta water from the LPS (the tap here is HORRENDOUS), try not to shop (my bank account cannot take my splurging on fish supplies... no really Eva, the fish are happy, you do not need to keep buying things, not like they will all fit in the tanks all at once anyways, crazy!), and then do a 25% WC on Esmeralda's tank...

If I walk out of there without buying anything else though, it's going to be a miracle. Shop till drop. 0_0
Old 11-15-2013, 03:37 AM   #295 
Polkadot

wc day for my dear little Peanut boy.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #296 
Vergil

Well, nothing... Tobi is new and isn't eating much. He doesn't like me much at all and Hiko is supposed to be fasting... If I go near him, I can't say no to those googly eyes and dancing fins...
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #297 
fleetfish

Setting up a tank for #9, Lotus ... he is a blue/white butterfly rosetail/doubletail with the cutest little white lips ever. If my camera was working I'd show him to you ... but stupid me, I dropped it in the waste water bucket :(
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #298 
EvaJupiterSkies

Esmeralda's tank is probably untouched today, as her ammonia level is still reading 0 (The anubias, and my slightly less messy way of feeding her so there's less food waste is paying off).

Tycho's tank will be getting a 60% WC, and some gravel removal. It hasn't taken me long to realize I really do not like gravel, so the next few WC's I'm going to be slowly cordoning off sections of his tank for gravel removal. I like 'em bare, or with those large round glass shiny things.

Cassini's tank will probably go untouched today. He's still acclimating, and while small tank = lots of water changes, he's been exploring, hasn't touched the algae wafer yet, and I see no snail poo. I'll start his every other day WC's tomorrow. He's sleeping on an anubias leaf right now... -dawwwww-
Old 11-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #299 
Polkadot

Well yesterday actually,it was wc day for my Mako boy,I cleaned some algae off the glass with the magnet cleaner and Mako zoomed around everywhere,he's so cute. After his wc I was sitting in front with him & tried to measure him and when I put the ruler near him....he flared for the very first time,just slowly & calmly (as if saying - what's this thing?),not in a cranky way or anything.Squeeee!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #300 
Crowntails

Fed the fish and I'm going to do a water change in Flame's tank today.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote