betta fish

Old 11-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #11 
Tree

Taboo: Hahaha what a goof ball she is. XD
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:19 AM   #12 
richb8018

Post Gender Change

Ive always had betta fish but this time was the first time i bought a female so i thought. Ive tried mating my beta and i followed everything her horizontal black stripes changed to vertical white stripes, but nothing happened, by the way she is a lite blue with a gray belly. now after numerous attempts of trying i stopped until one day i look in her bowl she's dark blue with red stripes and now flares up at the male, and I've had them for a month now and this just happened two days ago. Then yesterday she goes back to the light blue gray belly beta she was when i bought her, and i don't have the slightest clue whether the betta is girl/boy. what do you think?
richb8018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #13 
finn17

Does she have the white egg spot that all females are supposed to have?
finn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #14 
richb8018

Yea she did that's why it doesn't make any sense
Old 11-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #15 
Taboo

haha I think we'd need to see photos to figure that one out =P She could have been quite stressed, that tends to make mine change colours and get defensive? Something could have scared her..?

And Tree, she sure is :') Yet to find another species with the personality of a betta
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #16 
richb8018

this how she was when i first bought her, its a little dark but you can see the black stripes going across her body
Attached Images

Last edited by richb8018; 11-16-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: picture didnt come up
Old 11-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #17 
Vergil

Hiko: *when human moves communicate with her and ask for food*
Lark: *obsessed with making bubble nests*

It's only day 3 for Lark. Maybe he'll still warm up to me but I'm not too hopeful...
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #18 
finn17

I know how you're feeling! I feel like Finn isn't warming up to me and it's already been a week and a half. He loves me when I have food but doesn't greet me when I go up to his tank or respond to his name :/
I hope Lark warms up to you, he just needs time :)
finn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #19 
Vergil

I don't know if he's just new or because there's such a small gap between him and Hiko. I guess Lark isn't doing anything much different from Hiko but I still can't help but wish I had both fish to play with!

Hiko BTW is already training to jump on cue. I'd like to be able to teach him to swim in certain patterns but I'm certainly hoping to teach Hiko some tricks just not sure which commands fish can be taught to understand...

Has anyone else here trained their betta?
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #20 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
I don't know if he's just new or because there's such a small gap between him and Hiko. I guess Lark isn't doing anything much different from Hiko but I still can't help but wish I had both fish to play with!

Hiko BTW is already training to jump on cue. I'd like to be able to teach him to swim in certain patterns but I'm certainly hoping to teach Hiko some tricks just not sure which commands fish can be taught to understand...

Has anyone else here trained their betta?

I am training my thee boys to jump for their treats and they are learning fast too. 8D and they are training me to feed them in the morning when their lights come on at 8 in the morning. XD They start swimming around like MAD until I give them what they want.

They also know when the mirrors come out and start to flare before I even attack the mirrors to the tanks. LOL

I want to teach them to go through hoops, but I need to figure out what I can use for hoops first with out paying too much. XD
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote