Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #1031 
Catie79

It's because I have such sturdy stock, Setsuna! Also, I think the pair managed to spawn twice in one nest. I didn't see eggs at all, then one day he moved the nest and there were wigglers. So it's probably two spawns of ten.

I also want your fish, LBF. It's going to be rough when I try to expand my wild collection, it's hard to find anything other than unsexed fish at an arm and a leg a piece.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #1032 
LittleBettaFish

Wilds aren't cheap here either. It was $70 for that brownorum pair plus $20 shipping, and if I want to import a pair in, it can work out even more expensive than purchasing from Jodi-Lea direct.

It sucks because I lost my uberis and burdigala pairs and it is going to cost nearly $200 to replace them.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #1033 
Setsuna

I think i will have new Imbellis soon. i will show you guys after i get them. i saw a video of them already but not as clear
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #1034 
LittleBettaFish

How many of the pairs that you get in do you keep? Also, how did your outside pond you set-up ages ago work out? Any spawning?

Got a photo of one of my biggest Betta sp. apiapi fry today. I'm hoping I can finally end my streak of bad luck with velvet.

LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #1035 
Setsuna

nice little baby fish ^^

my pond is okay i guess....its getting cold here so im moving them into my garage that way i can put a heater in there. this time im getting 2 pairs of imbellis i think im keeping them both for breeding
Old 11-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #1036 
Wildbetta

Recently got some great pics of my 2 male albimarginatas sparring. Normally the bigger dominant male just colors back up after being put back in the main tank after his week of recuperation from holding fry but this time the smaller male (who is not that much smaller anymore) decided to try for the role of "top fish". He didn't win but still put up a heck of a battle.

Also got a good pic of my pallifina male all colored up. I will be looking to get a female for him come spring.

Can't wait to start breeding them as they are my favorite so far. :)

My betta picta pair are doing great and have adapted very well to me adding 6 juvie betta edithae to their tank.

My newest acquisition in the wild betta world are the betta edithae juvies. They are nice little fish. Starting to color up nicely for me. I know for sure that I have one male. The others I am still a bit unsure of.

When I first got them:

Some shots from last night:

For sure male:

My betta simorum has got to be the biggest piggy I have ever come across. He will eat so much that he looks like he has swallowed a marble and then still eat on the veggie sticks added to the tank for the otos.

I recently lost my male ocellata which saddens me to no end. He jumped out of a breeder box while holding fry. He was a couple of days late on releasing them and I think he was freaked out by the new male BN pleco I added to the tank and was trying to get somewhere else to release them. I found him while he was still moist and active so I put him back in the breeder box. He immediately spat a huge mouthful of fry. 70% of which were not alive unfortunately. I managed to save about 40 fry and they are doing very well in the growout. He lasted for about another day before he just gave up and passed away. :( My female was depressed for a day or two before I put the pallifina male in the tank with her so she would have another fish in the tank with her besides the corys and plecos. I should be getting another adult male ocellata within the next week so she should be doing better by then. The fry from the previous big spawn will be 3 months old this coming Thursday. They are doing excellent and growing amazingly fast. Here are some recent pics of them.

Last edited by Wildbetta; 11-17-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Wildbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #1037 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Wildbetta, those are some great shots of some beautiful fish.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #1038 
Hallyx
Reference Team

+1^ You sure know your way around a camera, WB.

I've only seem pictures, so what are the main differences between pallifina an ocellata. They look almost the same on my screen.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:51 AM   #1039 
Setsuna

Here is my latest Imbellis. i just got him today. hes the guy in the case the one on the outside is the siamorientalis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWGv7AmqlRk
Old 11-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #1040 
Setsuna

These are my new Imbellis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRyk0zok1Co