Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #11 
BettaBoy51

i am cycling a tank today for him i just dident olan on buying him so i dident have time to cycle one he will be moved today and i have many microworms watler worms and banana worms cultures and many BBS eggs and i do have grow out tanks for them i have been reading up on betta breeding for a couple of months and dont plan on breeding till after the holidays and till i condition them and i just want to know what kind of female i should breed him with in a few months and what color female and any breeding info so i can be as informed as i can
BettaBoy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #12 
BettaBoy51

TYPO plan
Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #13 
sugarunicorn

Cycling can take up to 6 weeks or more. If you're going to do a fish-in cycle, I'd suggest picking up a bottle of Tetra Safestart. Do you have a testing kit like API freshwater?

What are you planning to do with the fry? A grow out tank is good, but you'll eventually need to separate out males or aggressive females into individual enclosures, which is where it can get overwhelming quick.
sugarunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #14 
BettaBoy51

ok i am going to do an in fish cycle and i plan on keepig some fry and giving or selling the rest and i have been picking up 2 gallon tank heaters and filter every time i can for the males grow out tanks and no i do not have a test kit i may pick one up today as i will buy a bottle of tetra safestart and what color female would he breed good with and what type of female and any advice you have on anything about bettas is appreciated because i want to take care of them the best i can