Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #10321 
tlatch89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutteri View Post
^ Beautiful!
I like yours as well! I can't wait until my ferns start getting big like yours.
tlatch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #10322 
Flutteri

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlatch89 View Post
I like yours as well! I can't wait until my ferns start getting big like yours.
:) Thanks! Do you use fertilizers or any carbon source/CO2? My Java Ferns especially like liquid carbon.
Flutteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #10323 
tlatch89

Quote:
:) Thanks! Do you use fertilizers or any carbon source/CO2? My Java Ferns especially like liquid carbon.
Yep flourish comp. and flourish excel. The ferns were part of a recent plant trade, they should start growing nicely soon
tlatch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #10324 
Aluyasha

Moved some stuff around and got Vitellius a new tank. :)
Augustus and his 4 gallon:

Julius and his 3 gallon:

Vitellius and his 1.5 gallon:
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #10325 
2muttz

Aluyasha ~ those are absolutely stunning! I particularly like the blue gravel with the natural decor.The contrast is beautiful. Looks amazing, especially with your boy's lovely colors!

I've asked my husband for another betta tank for Christmas, and I'm spending all my time in here stealing, er, umm, formulating, some wonderful ideas....
2muttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:10 AM   #10326 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muttz View Post
Aluyasha ~ those are absolutely stunning! I particularly like the blue gravel with the natural decor.The contrast is beautiful. Looks amazing, especially with your boy's lovely colors!

I've asked my husband for another betta tank for Christmas, and I'm spending all my time in here stealing, er, umm, formulating, some wonderful ideas....
Thank you. :)
I love the gravel too, it is a great color and the paint never seems to wear off. I got it off of someone else who did not tell me where they got it otherwise all of my tanks would have it. lol
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #10327 
Ramla

Finally got my tank put back together again, after the passing of Odin; developed a horrible issue with his swim bladder that eventually caught up with the strong soul RIP little dude...

But figured I would show you guys the fresh set up :)

Little toad totem guards the aquarium XD

It looks a little bare right now, but I plan on getting some compacta to put in there, and I also have a little anubias nana that is attached to a rock in the back corner, and am just waiting for it to fill out a bit. Also I love the marimo balls ^^ the petco I work at finally got one in and I snatched that bugger up quick.

Also question.. I just noticed that I have acquired 2 little hitchhikers, they are tiny little snails, that are a light brown color. I tried to take a pic, but they were too small for my camera to focus on. Is anyone able to tell what kind of snails they are at this stage? And I'm not entirely sure if I should keep them or not?
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #10328 
Flutteri

^ Cute tank! Those snails are some sort of aquatic snails but without a pic it's hard to identify them. What shape is their shell?

Here's few different shell-types:
Common pond snail:
http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/uploads...a8cdb672c6.jpg

Trumpet snail:
http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Bug_S98.jpg

Ram's horn snail:
http://www.fishponds.com/images/Blac...nail%20web.JPG

And whatever type they are, they can be beneficial to the tank: they eat waste food, algae etc. So you can keep them. :) But they can reproduce fast if there's too much stuff for them to eat.

Last edited by Flutteri; 11-14-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Flutteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #10329 
Tree

my latest update on my tanks. I made each boy a hid out and placed them in last night. =)

Tree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #10330 
Ramla

Quote:
^ Cute tank! Those snails are some sort of aquatic snails but without a pic it's hard to identify them. What shape is their shell?

Here's few different shell-types:
Common pond snail:
http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/uploads...a8cdb672c6.jpg

Trumpet snail:
http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Bug_S98.jpg

Ram's horn snail:
http://www.fishponds.com/images/Blac...nail%20web.JPG

And whatever type they are, they can be beneficial to the tank: they eat waste food, algae etc. So you can keep them. :) But they can reproduce fast if there's too much stuff for them to eat.
Not entirely sure on their shape yet XD they are still pretty tiny, smaller than my pinky fingernail, though definitely not the rams horn.

I think the reproduction part is the only thing I am worried about, I'd rather not have an explosion of snails :/ Though I have heard that bettas will sometimes eat baby snails? Is that true?
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank