Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Angry ARRGH.. I'm so stupid!!!!!

****Slams head against desk****

I'm so furious with myself. I just spent the last TWO WEEKS working with Blue Jeans to get his tail healed. I'm still not sure if he bit it or if it was some how torn. But the point is it was almost perfectly healed. Then last night I put the floating mirror in his tank to give him a little exercise. Well, apparently I forgot to take it out because it was in there this morning. It had floated and lodged itself behind the filter so I didn't notice it when I fed last night. I pulled it out and went to class (I don't feed the guys Tuesday mornings).

Well this evening when I got back home I checked the tanks (temp, filter, fish) like I do every evening and I noticed that Blue Jeans' tail is all torn up again

It doesn't look bitten I don't think.. there are no noticeable "chunks" missing like usual. So either BJ is a very discreet biter or he some how "blew" his tail.. which I don't think happens at the tip.. usually the rays tear towards the peduncle.

I'm so upset. I'm leaving Thursday for spring break. I may not be back till the following Sunday. I'm not worried about it getting infected but I won't be able to treat him with aquarium salt (he's in a divided tank). I'm already bringing Damon home with me because he is undergoing treatment for biting. I have two hospital bowls but only one mini-heater so I can only bring one boy home and Damon needs to stay with the salt and wc's for 10 days.

Ugh.. I just needed to vent. Its so unlike me to do something like this and I'm so mad.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Aww sorry!!! Sammy sometimes blows his tail, cause he likes to show off for ivy. :)

Things happen! Don't beat yourself up about it!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

We've all done things that we wish we hadn't. Like me dumping Fernando on the floor. I'm sorry about Blue Jeans.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #4 
Min

uh been there did the same thing the other day. I put the mirror in his tank & went out for a 1/2 hr when i came home he was still flaring at it. I felt so bad.
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

Thanks guys. Normally I wouldn't be so mad but I literally JUST got him out of the hospital bowl like Sunday night. That and I don't have enough time to re-treat him. I don't really even want to have to bring Damon home with me (4hour drive in a cup) but I have to.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #6 
xxabc

Just went through that, and nothing's bad about venting!! Other people can learn too :)

Mine's currently a tailbiter. he stopped because his tail is too short for him, lol dork... but sometimes I won't turn off the tank light because it's usually pitch black outside. Therefore, why not have the tank light on? To see my bettas? Well apparently my brother / dad will turn off the living room lights, and for 3 hours my bettas will have something to flare against at every single angle imaginable. I don't know how they see themselves anyways. And worse off, sometime's i'll be in the house doing homework and I won't even know.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote