Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #1 
FishyFishy89

Need Some Opinions

My VT Reuben is currently in a 5.5 that I am starting to plant out. My stem plant is Hygro. A gorgeous plant when given the height for it to stretch up. It's limited in height in his current tank. This tank also currently has some duckweed, wisteria, water sprite and the ruffled sword I was attempting to grow out in my angel tank(never got very big so it's in his tank now).

I need some opinions and recommendations on taller tanks. Preferably anything like hex tanks. Any circular and triangle tanks I see have tiny "feeding holes" and don't have the proper lighting for plants. I'd like to just put my current florescent bulb into it.

I am also wondering if something like a 1 gallon would suffice? But I feel like the ground plan wouldn't have enough space for my plants(especially my sword) and with the change to a taller tank, Reuben would have less space to swim. I really don't want to drastically reduce the space for him.

Pic of his current tank. It really shows how my hygro is limited quite a bit :(
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

I suspect that they aren't available in the US, but, in case they are, Blue Planet and AA do a really nice 5 gallon hex. However, the lighting isn't great, and if you try to replace the bulb with a higher-powered one, the fixing melts.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #3 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
I suspect that they aren't available in the US, but, in case they are, Blue Planet and AA do a really nice 5 gallon hex. However, the lighting isn't great, and if you try to replace the bulb with a higher-powered one, the fixing melts.
well that's a bummer. I need something that'll keep the plants and Reuben happy :P
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #4 
FishyFishy89

So anyone else have any opinions/or recommendations?
Old 11-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #5 
KeshiaB

They can be a bit pricey but what about the Fluval Edge: http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/ca/product/15392-edge/

Or if you are handy/creative, you could always do something like turn an old TV set into a tank? Or an old wine barrel?

Otherwise maybe look for someone that can make you a custom glass tank, I looked into this option and it wasn't to costly.
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #6 
FishyFishy89

Fuval is out of my reach unless they're on an extreme sale. Not to mention all the tanks I've seen from them are either bowl-like or rectangle or square. I need something along the lines of circular or hex. Its going to fit into a corner.

A custom made tank would out weight the cost of just purchasing a new tank.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App