Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #1 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Any asexuals on the forum?

I'm just curious. x3 I think I might be cause the more I read about it the more I'm agreeing with so was wondering if anyone here is... Not really expecting a response though haha. :p Be nice to talk to someone about it though. .
Old 11-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #2 
PetMania

I have wondered this before. I know a lot of people in my life that are, so I don't think it's uncommon. with 55,000+ members, there's a possibility.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #3 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Hahahahaha. The total opposite.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #4 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
I have wondered this before. I know a lot of people in my life that are, so I don't think it's uncommon. with 55,000+ members, there's a possibility.
Oh that's interesting. :o I actually wouldn't know since I have never talked about it in person..
In university now and EVERYONE is talking about relationships now and more and more I'm realizing "nope not interested."
I'm worried about telling people since I'm still a little unsure and what if I change my mind (like I just haven't met someone? and I know I WOULD be really offended if I came out and other people said that to me but I'm just not even sure yet so that's why I'm thinking that...)... but I will probably tell a few close friends. I already told my own friend who is polyamourous and gender neutral because I feel like they would understand the most. xD

It's like everytime I think I have a crush on a guy within a little while (days, weeks) it ALWAYS turns into just wanting to be really good friends with them and making them happy as friends. Like always.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #5 
PetMania

My best friends is like that. He went through a ton of depression and harrassment because of it...even darker thoughts. But that's because he diddn't handle it right. Don't worry about what others think. They have no right to judge you. What you think about yourself matters.

"You can't judge me 'cause you haven't walked my path."

Over here in California this is not uncommon. I am not, but just giving you some advice on how to handle this.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #6 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

:3 Yea it's confusing.
I don't know, I honestly don't see any point in telling people, maybe close friends and such but still...
I think for now it'll be enough to just stop trying to convince myself that I like guys haha. Odd how even a lot of the LGBT thinks asexuality isn't a real thing.. :s
Looking at the online community and such is a little much for me, like I think it'd be cool to have one or two people to talk to but I don't want to get involved in a community and such because I don't feel like my orientation is a big part of who I am. >_< Like I'm just neutral about it..
Old 11-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #7 
trilobite

Ive never heard of the term asexual, is it someone who doesnt want sex?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #8 
Aluka

I think asexual people are just people who are not attracted to both males or females. Physically and mentally.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #9 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobite View Post
Ive never heard of the term asexual, is it someone who doesnt want sex?
It can be. It's a huge blanket term for a lot of things. Some do some don't. Some people just want emotional attachments to others, no romance.. and for others it's actually the opposite..
But yes in my case it's just like I just want to be friends with everyone. xDD
Old 11-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #10 
djembekah

E-support from me!
Closed Thread