Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #1 
airen

Divider Question...

So I've been reading a lot on here, and I've spent more money on my bettas in the last two weeks than my guy will ever know about ;)...

But here's my question: I have a 10 gallon that I had divided with a standard divider from LPS, and it seems to be *filtering* okay, but the side without the filter has this really icky film at the top. I tried lowering the divder just a smidge so water could circulate, and Loki (named very aptly the brat) jumped to the other side in two min flat. I was watching for it, so all was okay. But does anyone else have this problem? The whole point of the filtered tank was to cut down on 100% water changes every week, but I've been doing it anyway because the film gets thick and gross.

Help?
airen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Get an Air stone on the one side. Get a gang valve so the bubbles aren't too strong.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:30 AM   #3 
airen

Oo!! Thanks you! Even better-- I bought that, but was waiting for water change day LOL
Thanks!
airen is offline   Reply With Quote