Originally Posted by Sabina88
and what are the esentials to now before during and after breeding bettas
- Understand their water and care needs; specially CT need extra care.
- Understand their behavior; how they swim in fighting mode and in breeding mode.
- Prepare everything you will need, specially fry food.
- Patience is essential, Some may take longer to spawn than others. But make sure you understand signs of too much beating. Exceptional vicious males only need half an hour to beat the female half dead.
- Do not disturb the male when he is egg/fry rearing
- Other than that there is nothing to do but wait for fry to hatch.
Make sure you know how to care for fry. This is the real challenge - breeding is the easy part.
Understand signs of illness so you can take immediate action if it happens.