Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #1 
FancyFins

This can't be happening

I should have just stuck with my 10g. My 5 girls were healthy, my new CT girl was healthy, I could have just put her in the 10g with them.

I don't know if Echo was sick or just retarded but I had here in the QT tank with Pearl and they have both been fine all week. Everyone was fine when I put them into the 20 gallon and then a few hours later, Dallas is hanging from the top of the water looking half dead. Angel was nearby looking about the same. I grabbed both of them and put them in a small bowl with shallow water so they don't have far to go for air. A little bit later Aphrodite was worrying me so I put her in there too and then Gucci. Gucci got a little agressive and seemed ok so I put her back in the tank. Marilyn and Echo are both in cups from the petstore with shallow water so I can keep an eye on them as well. Gucci and Pearl are still in the tank, I'm about to go check the cory cats. UGH!!!!

I don't know what is going on... my ammonia is at 0 right now, don't have the other testing supplies on hand. HELP!
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #2 
FancyFins

Gucci seems to have her fins clamped off and on but puts up a fight when I try to recatch her so she must not be feeling too bad...

Dallas perked back up, got her bright color back and was swimming around so I put her in a cup of tank water to see if she stays that way. If she acts sick again I'm gonna tear that tank apart and clean it with bleach and just do two 100% changes for everyone until I get it fixed. I hate to put them in cups but it's better than being dead!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Oh noo! I'm so sorry you're going through this. :( Hopefully someone can help you figure out whats wrong.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #4 
doggyhog

Sooo sorry!!!!!

hate to say it, but when you get a new fish from a pet store, Quarantine quarantine quarantine.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about all your girls! I hope everyone will be ok!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #6 
FancyFins

I did quarantine DH that's the problem! :( That's why I'm so confused

I think I figured out the problem/s though. One of them being the filter. The water is cloudy atm so I'm gonna be fighting with this for a few days it seems.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #7 
FancyFins

Okay so whats the best way to get the tank cleared up? I took out the offending filter...
Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #8 
doggyhog

Not sure about how to clear the tank up, other then tearing down the whole tank and starting over.

How long did you QT for? I always QT for at least a week, if not two.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #9 
FancyFins

For a week. I would have liked to do it for longer but I don't have a heater for the QT tank yet. Everyone is back to normal now I just gotta fight with the water now. Fun stuff :/ Oh and Earl died... I'm thinking when the tank over heated. Man my weekend was stressful.