Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #11 
reaperss06

he didn't show any signs of anything, this morning he didn't eat and I got back from the store just how and he was floating there.
reaperss06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #12 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm so sorry! I know how that feels, I lost 4 fish in 2 weeks. I don't think I'll be getting any more anytime soon; 16 is enough for me right now.lol I would just take a break for a little while and you might see another one that catches your eye.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #13 
kelly528

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperss06 View Post
I noticed you hit on the external but what about internal medications?? Can those be harmful? Because my fish seems a little out of it, didnt eat this morning and has just been laying around all day. Moves and swims every now and then. One time I fed him, he ate one pellet then spat another one out that had white stuff on it.

I am assuming you mean meds for intestinal worms? They will still suck oxygen out of the water but some internal medications are harsher than others. For instance, Jungle Parasite clear is safe enough to use with fish like dwarf puffers who can't even handle coppersafe. THEN there's levamisole, a livestock dewormer used with fish that, while safe for inverts, can totally blow your biofilter out of the water and also turns your water acidic.

If this is an issue wt lethargic fish lets start from the beginning:

CONSULT FORM

How big is the tank?

Is it uncycled or cycled?

How much water do you change?

How often do you change the water?

WATER STATS
Please try to answer these to the best of your ability. If you do not have a test kit, please bring a sample of tankwater to the nearest local pet store. They should test it for cheap, but most of the time free. Write the actual numbers down, don’t take ‘okay’, ‘low’ or ‘fine’ for an answer.

Temperature:

pH:

Ammonia:

Nitrite:

Nitrate:
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote