Old 11-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #11 
alyssaanne

OK. Thx. :)
alyssaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #12 
Aryia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyk View Post
If it does turn out that no one is local, I'll pay for the heat packs. I need some anyways, for when I ship my own bettas that I'll be breeding! So we can figure something out there.
I know this is off-topic, but where do you get your heat packs? I might have to take my Betta with me when visiting relatives over winter x.x
Aryia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #13 
jadaBlu

What finally ceased tailbiting for one of my fish was the addition of floating water sprite. The plant does mediocre floating in the tank but it survives and he finally stopped. The tank is unfiltered I don't think he like the filter either. Just thought I'd post that for whoever gets him or for you if you keep him.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...822&pcatid=822
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #14 
alyssaanne

I've tried floating plants as well. Not official floaters but like a bunch of bocopa caroliniana (spelling?) That got uprooted. It was pretty good cover. :/ I have him in my quarantine tank right now so he doesn't kill himself. And I have my five gal betta (Niko) in noris divided side so I can use Nikos heater in the quarantine. *face palm*
alyssaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #15 
carlos puron

Where in texas you're at ? I live in Houston I have a 2, 5 gal that I'm using to grow plants for now I have salvinia and I'm waiting on red root floaters I can buy him a decoration or something I just need to find a home fornthe girl I have in there now if I find her a house I can take care of your boy :)
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #16 
Ilikebutterflies

Sort of off topic but I'm compiling info on tail biters. Could you tell me what your pH and water hardness is running as well as what temperature you keep him in. Also, is it well water or tap water and do you do partial changes often or full changes less often. You can pm me if you'd prefer. Anybody else with chronic tail biters can as well. Thanks!
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote